Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Front stage help

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Re: Front stage help

Thanks guys! I have a lot to look in to!

As Far as the blown part, idk man it was weird. There was always a random shorting out kind of noise, sometimes the amp would stop working for a while. Then the left side 3" and tweeter completely went out. Then the right side and then the 6.5's were smoked. In between that time, my Arc 300.4 went out. The installer said the power wire had started to melt and the amp was shot. So replaced it w the NVX for a cheap fix. Still the random shorting noise happened. While later is when the fronts went down. So, hopefully that doesn't happen again

QUOTE=SublimeZ;37335]https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...um-face-plate/
    Low Fs means they will play down to 2khz (easier to mate with a woofer), even if you wail on em.
    If you have room for them, you won't be disappointed. IMO, this is the best value tweeter out there.[/QUOTE]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I ran the mdt29 for a while. Great tweeter for the money. And word on the street is they're kinda hard to fry

If you still got a shorting noise with the new amp I suspect speaker wire shorted out somewhere.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Thanks will look at them and add them
    to the list. Price is nice like many of these ...will they play low enough for a two way? These Madisound/parts express options sure opens up a whole new confusing world of opportunity

thats what I thought too. Though I asked about it and the shop denied that being a chance, it didn't make a sense. Makes more sense than a crossover being bad or whatever random excuse. I Have a new set of rcas and speaker wire to go in to be safe. Won't hurt, and definitely cheaper than another set up speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I ran the mdt29 for a while. Great tweeter for the money. And word on the street is they're kinda hard to fry

If you still got a shorting noise with the new amp I suspect speaker wire shorted out somewhere.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

If the shop ran the wire they might be at fault. If you ran the wire well...you know the restHope you're keeping the system OFF until you get this figured out.

Anyway, the mdt29 will play plenty low to mate with most 6.5's. Should be able to go down to 2000hz and get stupid loud without breaking a sweat. When picking a 6.5" just stay away from the ones that are geared more for midbass when going 2-way front. When you start looking just run what catches your eye by us and we'll be able to tell you what's what. When off axis you want to keep 6.5's lower than 2500 to keep them from beaming. 2300 is actually as far as I could comfortable stretch mine. http://zmix.net/beaming.asp
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The MDT 29 from Parts Express w 1 1/ 8" soft dome has an fs 900 hz so doubling 1,800 hz for high pass would work !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Ya they did all the wiring and everything. Ya I've kept it off, it sounds so awful it wasn't even worth having it on for background noise

So far list is looking like...
    tweeters. Mid bass
    Audiofrog GB15. Audiofrog GS60
    MDT29. NVX X series (SB acoustics)
    Seas 27TAFNC
    NVX X series(SB acoustics)
    I don't think I'm missing any, except the ones that were like 3", won't fit.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Need help when trying to mix -n- match ! or go with components the shop approves !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I've seen shops get pissy if you choose something other than what they tell you to run/will make the most profit margin on.

Add Seas neo aluminum tweet into your mix. The fabric version isn't all that great. Best way to describe it is the neo aluminum is Anne Wilson of Heart while her hot sister just seems to be there with her for some reason

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

HBSQ used to play an instrument that sounds better with " metal " domes/ribbons

High hat cymbals and the brass section are done more justice with " Metal "!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Yes they do... and we don't have any good shops in the area. Going to start venturing out a couple hours in search one one. And seas added to the list...
    anyone have any good 6.5" suggestions outside of what's in here? In the 2-300 price range max (for now) that would be worth buying preferably for a long run, not just temporary.