Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Front stage help

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Front stage help

In a book I have, There is no "Full-Fidelity" waveform . . . due to limitations in recording [MENTIONMaster handbook of Acoustics][/MENTION]

Basically , you ain't never going to hear a recording that can reproduce a 'live' concert sound.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I'd do the NVX as well. Dollar for dollar they're hard to beat. They're a more car audio friendly SB Acoustics mid and tweet which means they have great roots to begin with.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Hic- ya sadly I think that's right
    hillbillysq and chithead-thanks guys. You make them sound more impressive than I expected.
    So far 2 votes for NVX. I'm going to slide the SI TM65/M25 up to number two. Would you guys still pick the NVX over that combo for fairly minimal price difference? Gonna pull the tigger in a couple days. Tho NVX tweets on back order currently

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I would pick them over the TM65/M25, but only because I haven't been able to hear where they are worth more than the NVX combo.

That is going to open a massive can of worms... of the few cars I've heard running them, could have just been the tune they had, but they weren't any more impressive to me than the NVX/SB Acoustics setup. I will say the TM65/M25 is super impressive when put against some of the best that Audison, Hertz, JL, Illusion, Morel, JBL, and many home audio driver combinations have to offer. But so are the NVX.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

The SI combo is impressive. I heard them in their company car with just a couple minutes of tuning. The midbass of the tm65ii's will blow your mind. Cross it at around 2500 with no highpass and you might not need a sub most of the time. Dialed in I think it would be a killer combo but whether or not it's better tonally than the NVX set is something I can't answer.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Hmmm. Tough... curious about the tonal difference between them. A guy on another site has a new set of the SI's for 375 obo doesn't help either ..you guys have a video of your NVX? Couldn't find any of those or SI's, Installed anyway

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

A video of speakers playing isn't going to do you any good. Now if you get the tm65 you want the mkii and not the first version. The mkii is the version you see on the SI website and was done to work in a 2-way front. If it was me I'd do the SI setup. Very neutral and "tonally correct" sounding.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Ideally , you will be able to afford the best and enjoy the latest greatest.

Audiofrog for finely made, high-performance speakers and power handling and audio performance so that enthusiasts have the freedom to build a high-fidelity audio system according to their own specifications. Each Audiofrog component includes sturdy, versatile mounting solutions for the serious DIY'er !

Once you can install and tune yourself ....

Til then , just get a good set the shop can install !
    Last edited by Hic; 06-17-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Chris what's on your short list ?

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Realistically for now it's
    SI TM65 mkii/ M25
    NVX x series
    it sounds like both should be pretty decent and with in what I have to spend right now. Especially considering install and tuning costs the extra cost between the two sets isn't a big deal either if that makes the better choice easier. You'd think I was buying a house as difficult as I've made it in picking hahah