Thread: Front stage help

1. Back To Top    #101
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Re: Front stage help

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ya, me too. First have to make the smartest choice in gear. And I've always had trouble with getting door panels back on right. Be it replacing window switches or speakers. I dont want to make things more of a problem for myself, which always seems to happen, be it house projects,car, you name it. The shop I went to last time said the panels were a next level pain bc of the cld and ensolite. *If I had more tools, and knowledge I'd much rather. Aside from being cheaper , a much greater sense of satisfaction would be the best part. And would be more immediate.*<br><br>Ya, Bobby K's car looks stupid nice, and I bet sounds incredible. I'm going to use his tuner, and *maybe that shop. Just have to call back and figure out some things.*
    If you haven't tried removing the door panels on your Mustang yet it's not that bad good news is there are no panel clips to break bad news... you need a T30 torx bit.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/F...Removal-Guide/

I'm not sure what kind of deadening you have in your doors, but it really shouldn't be too bad.

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sweet !

A pair of hands and a glorified screwdriver . Git-R-Dun
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Thats good to know. Thanks for the torx size .Ya man on my sn95's I had to replace the window switches all the time and I for whatever reason always screwed up putting it back somehow hahah.

I just have a layer of cld and ensolite. The guy that did the last install said the doors were stupid hard...so that kinda deterred me more. Figuring I'd definitely mess it up. He said it'd take him like a whole day to replace the 6.5's Bc of it.

And, just went with the stereo integrity tm65 mkii m25 set up ...had some cash back on my credit card I could use on amazon so figured why not. And figured those 6.5's would be a pretty solid foundation for future changes, if and when wanted or needed.
    Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info, suggestions and help. Build log time I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    If you haven't tried removing the door panels on your Mustang yet it's not that bad good news is there are no panel clips to break bad news... you need a T30 torx bit.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/F...Removal-Guide/

I'm not sure what kind of deadening you have in your doors, but it really shouldn't be too bad.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-25-2017 at 03:15 AM.

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

NICE CHRIS !

MIDRANGE

We use dual aluminum shorting rings inside the motor an XBL^2 neodymium, TM65 mkII comes w/ 9 mm of one-way linear excursion and 23 mm of total peak stroke.

The cone is air-injected polypropylene, to which has been added a cast aluminum basket with a built-in rain shield to protect the moving components.Finally the bestest “S” surround for improved surround linearity and 3,700 Hz upper extension.

TWEETER [ very deep ] might cause mounting issues

The neodymium M25 tweeter has high frequency extension to 30,000 Hz thanks to its XBL^2 motor.

91 dB sensitivity

Fs - 1300 Hz

Range 1,600 Hz - 30,000 Hz.

Hopefully these go for several years !!
    Last edited by Hic; 07-31-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Since dog whistles start around 23,000 hZ , maybe play a recording and make sure you have some treats ( milkbones ). See if they come to vehicle when you play it !

6. Back To Top    #106

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thats good to know. Thanks for the torx size .Ya man on my sn95's I had to replace the window switches all the time and I for whatever reason always screwed up putting it back somehow hahah.

I just have a layer of cld and ensolite. The guy that did the last install said the doors were stupid hard...so that kinda deterred me more. Figuring I'd definitely mess it up. He said it'd take him like a whole day to replace the 6.5's Bc of it.

And, just went with the stereo integrity tm65 mkii m25 set up ...had some cash back on my credit card I could use on amazon so figured why not. And figured those 6.5's would be a pretty solid foundation for future changes, if and when wanted or needed.
    Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info, suggestions and help. Build log time I guess...
    Chris, would really like to hear what you think of those SI drivers, especially after you have tuned them in. Kind of wish I had known of Stereo Integrity before I bought my Morels.

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://youtu.be/9F89HFQ0Vdw - video of si speaker
    Nice !

8. Back To Top    #108
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Blackhawk fan- will do. Hopefully...it will be in a few weeks. I'm curious to hear them myself, the couple reviews I've read have sounded good. Mine will be a lot less technical though and than a lot of reviews.
    Hic-ya ...makes them look pretty impressive they should be nice

9. Back To Top    #109
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Chris,

Did they come yet ? You gonna find 1 more person to help and attempt to install em yourself ?