1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Front stage help

. . . Cool !

Get em in , then "Crank em up " !

XSP6ACT w/29 mm tweeter might work , saw there are 4 videos @ Sonic Electronix
    Last edited by Hic; 06-22-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Steve does tech support for NVX , said he has not heard them personally , but everyone likes them !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #43

That PRS set in the for sale section is a legit set. Once a DIYMA boner. I love the mids in that set.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictableacts View Post
    That PRS set in the for sale section is a legit set. Once a DIYMA boner. I love the mids in that set.
    And those drivers could take abuse like nothing I've ever seen...at least knowing how the guy that ran his set for years rocked out. At least the mids could. Don't know much about the durability of the tweets.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #45

6. Back To Top    #46

Oops double post. The tweeters can play smooth but need cut.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

I liked the set that I had. Ran them for several years, beat the crap outta them and never had an issue
    Hillbilly and Carl (unpredicatable) both heard the set in my car, and without any eq. Never been much on messing with eq.
    I would tender running a set again, but for the price you can get the nvx set for- I think that is the way I would lean. Even having not heard them myself. From what some people I know like vs their thoughts on those nvx- seems would be hard to not be happy with them. And the value seems to be there

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Carl were your cuts between 2,000 and 5,000 hz ?

Human hearing is most sensitive around 3,500 to 4,000 hz.

Personally , I prefer attenuation to boost .

I had an EE tell me Zuki amps ( Eleets ) had extra bass in em , made me happy to know they required cut not boost .
    Last edited by Hic; 06-22-2017 at 04:40 PM.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

wow, I didnt notice that there was a PRS comp set in the classies.
    I do know that I beat on mine like there was no tomorrow and never had an issue. when I took them out of the door of my cobalt after about 6 years of service, they still looked rather nice. The mdf baffle they were mounted on looked like a horses tail. The only real blemishes were the screw connectors on the mids were a bit rusted. the cones still looked like new and the leather surrounds still looked new

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If the fuse by battery was smaller , it might " BURN " intstead of wire meltin ( just a thought ).

Fuses might be a lil less costly than wire . Reason I mention this , is I saw 2 guys jump out of an SUV after leaving the place where the system was installed , couldn't handle the smell of insulation burning ! [ less than 100 yards from the place ].

The installer said the power wire had started to melt and the amp was shot. So replaced it w the NVX for a cheap fix. Still the random shorting noise happened. While later is when the fronts went down. So, hopefully that doesn't happen again
    " High power handling, low distortion and 9mm of linear one-way excursion make the GB60 a great foundation of any main speaker system. Mounting depth of under 2-3/4” makes installation "

The Audiofrog GB15. Audiofrog GS60 is a great way to go ! Maybe a Morel tweeter , too !

CAT 308 @ parts express with a coupon might be affordable !

Specs look good , fs = 700 hz , can handle 200 watts , 1 1/8" soft dome.
    Last edited by Hic; 06-24-2017 at 06:59 PM.