1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Re: Front stage help

These seem to be like pretty well...
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...-textile-dome/
    Would these work well with the NVX X mids in a two way? or am I making it more difficult than it should be, and just flip a coin?

2. Back To Top    #52
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

i imagine those would be fine, they can be crossed over low and i know those tweeters are nice. the nvx x tweeters are really nice too though, the nvx x set is great as a whole, i heard it in babs' car awhile back if you haven't bought the mids yet already, i personally would go with these probably:
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...y-cone-woofer/

i believe it's the same or very similar driver with a different cone material that doesn't break up so harshly early on, opens up some more tweeter choices since the mids don't have to be crossed over so low

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

PRICE - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-6-1-...?skuId=8038046 - BOTTOM LINE AND A NAME YOU CAN TRUST
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #54
    Real Name
    Will
    Vehicle
    2012 Silverado 2500HD

The NVX X Series component set with crossover is available through the NVX website. THe individual components are sold out and the active set is sold out. http://www.nvx.com/x-series-6-1-2-2-...peaker-system/

5. Back To Top    #55
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

That poly cone SB woofer seems to get suggested a lot. The coated paper SB woofer is the raw version of what's in the NVX set. My SB coated paper woofers will BARK at you off axis if crossed above 2300hz. Probably beaming causing it. It's quite a stretch since 2500hz is about as low as my Seas neo aluminum tweets want to go. I would think the poly cone might not be as detailed as the paper cone but could be wrong. They also have a carbon fiber version that looks nice off axis. Might give those a try at some point.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    That poly cone SB woofer seems to get suggested a lot. The coated paper SB woofer is the raw version of what's in the NVX set. My SB coated paper woofers will BARK at you off axis if crossed above 2300hz. Probably beaming causing it. It's quite a stretch since 2500hz is about as low as my Seas neo aluminum tweets want to go. I would think the poly cone might not be as detailed as the paper cone but could be wrong. They also have a carbon fiber version that looks nice off axis. Might give those a try at some point.
    Most definitely a coherence drop from polar response and install location angle. An upgrade from the SEAS Neo's to that Scan D3004 would be certainly going from D-list to straight up red carpet at the Oscars. Hugely vast upgrade. I'm starting to think about my Tacoma, and I'm considering the going to the dark side for a simple fun 2-way... AP Ram3's or Ram2Q
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Most definitely a coherence drop from polar response and install location angle. An upgrade from the SEAS Neo's to that Scan D3004 would be certainly going from D-list to straight up red carpet at the Oscars. Hugely vast upgrade. I'm starting to think about my Tacoma, and I'm considering the going to the dark side for a simple fun 2-way... AP Ram3's or Ram2Q
    I wouldn't call the neo aluminums "d-list" by any means. I got that nasty smoothed out that you probably didn't like about them. I'm happy with them and they do what I need them to do and sound the way I want them to sound. And most importantly, they fit in the sails like they were meant to be there. I already told you the reason I chose them over the gb10's and money had nothing to do with it. The gb10's would have looked more "factory" with that plastic chrome trim ring. I just felt like an aluminum dome would stand the test of time better than a soft some because of the side defrost vents blowing right on the tweeters. And you can't fault someone for wanting to be as non-invasive with the install as possible if what they end up with exceeds their expectations
    Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 06-28-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Easily installed to start your road to ( Do-it-yourself ). Not to expensive if they get "blown" , again !

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    PRICE - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-6-1-...?skuId=8038046 - BOTTOM LINE AND A NAME YOU CAN TRUST
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #59
    ShakiraRoy

Psycho is a part here with a 08 horse. I would take a gander at his manufacture. this was his initially wander into auto sound has did all the work himself, and the auto sounds marvelous. What's more, has an arrangement of point source drivers in the stock areas. I would take a gander at that for a few thoughts. his auto scores low 200s in iasca frequently.

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71