Date:

Saturday July 15th 2017

Parts Express
    725 Pleasant Valley Dr.
    Springboro, OH 45066
    (937) 743-3000

Red dot is the parking lot where we will be meeting

Time:

The parts Express event starts at 8AM and goes to 5PM but open as to end time.

Here are some details. This literally will be in the parking lot so bring some lawn chairs. We will be holding this even near the SQ portion of the PE event. It's located across the furthest entrance from the main warehouse. Food will be provided by Parts Express as at the same time they have their own event going on. This includes a sanctioned MECA event, SQ event, audio swap meet and they usually have 20% off everything in their WH plus have drawings early (benefits to getting there early). Food is provided via PE and they usually have chips, hotdogs, and pop/water. All donation based. All of which go to charity.

I wasn't able to make the 2016 meet due to some job instability but will have vacation time for this so am prioritizing this years event.

If your interested in showing up for this event please list your username, name, and vehicle. Please copy and paste the bellow to your post if attending.

Attending

1) Beckerson1 (Justin) 2006 Civic Si
    2) Zippy (Bo) - 2013 BRZ (competing in SQ event)
    3) thefordmccord (Jeremy) - 2007 Scion TC
    Last edited by Beckerson1; 05-18-2017 at 12:42 PM.

2. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Re: Parts Express Midwest Audiofest G2G July 15th 2017

Bump for a great event. Come listen to great systems (SQL, SPL, oldschool, newschool, etc...) and save a tone off your PE orders. Past events have been 20% off everything in warehouse. Check out the speaker building competition and see what's up for sale for the swap meet.

3. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Bumping this up

4. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Room got booked and time requested off a couple weeks ago. My boss said he should be able to fudge the schedule to get along without me. Everyone else is just gonna have to step it up. He'll just have to stick his foot up the younger people's asses that think they're ENTITLED to a paycheck. Working every weekend makes me have to request off for anything more than a popcorn fart during the weekend but it sure is nice having a couple days during the week as my "weekend".
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Just a week and a half away. Getting super excited for this event. Finally am getting my setup more and more dialed in.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME.....

$400 dollars to have 3rd party photo sharing? No thanks photobucket

6. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Here is the location we are to meet. Red Dot

7. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Well I'm out. I'm about to make a rather large purchase (for me anyway). Been push mowing 1.5 acres for about 2 years now because of a worn out 2006 Yard Machines (was a pos when new) that isn't worth putting time or money into to get going again. The $500 or so this trip would cost me will go a long way for this purchase. Bout fell out in the heat yesterday with my very nice self propelled Honda 21" that of course won't cut grass without bogging down during the cool part of the day (wet at crack of dawn). Pulling the trailer to the Hoe Depot next week to cry as I turn loose of roughly $1650! Y'all have fun and TAKE PICS.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cadet...LT42/205617431
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Attending

1) Beckerson1 (Justin) - 2006 Civic Si
    2) Zippy (Bo) - 2013 BRZ Competing
    4) Jazzi (Justin) - Rental Car
    5) soundstreamer (Alan) Ford Fusion
    6) lowcel (Bruce) -white 4runner- Competing

Maybe

1) BigAl205 (Alan) (100% might be there)
    2) unix_usr (Nate) - 2015 Mustang GT PP - new install almost ready for tuning!

9. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I'm afraid I'm out also. We already have too many people on vacation, and now another guy is out for surgery.

10. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Well I'm out. I'm about to make a rather large purchase (for me anyway). Been push mowing 1.5 acres for about 2 years now because of a worn out 2006 Yard Machines (was a pos when new) that isn't worth putting time or money into to get going again. The $500 or so this trip would cost me will go a long way for this purchase. Bout fell out in the heat yesterday with my very nice self propelled Honda 21" that of course won't cut grass without bogging down during the cool part of the day (wet at crack of dawn). Pulling the trailer to the Hoe Depot next week to cry as I turn loose of roughly $1650! Y'all have fun and TAKE PICS.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cadet...LT42/205617431
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm out also. We already have too many people on vacation, and now another guy is out for surgery.
    Sucks but always "next year"

Every Ohio Cleveland fans saying. I had to lol

Anyway its cool I plan to hold this again next year so sometime next July.

Attending

1) Beckerson1 (Justin) - 2006 Civic Si
    2) Zippy (Bo) - 2013 BRZ Competing
    4) Jazzi (Justin) - Rental Car
    5) soundstreamer (Alan) Ford Fusion
    6) lowcel (Bruce) -white 4runner- Competing

Maybe

1) unix_usr (Nate) - 2015 Mustang GT PP - new install almost ready for tuning!

11. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Hopefully my setup sounds ok. Been trying to measure to get a complete system measurement and idk why REW keeps cutting off at 8k... I can't get individual drivers to measure correctly either. I have my mids for example bandpassed from 50-250hz (graphs show more but thats where my crossovers are set in the 360.3) and while the low end looks good by the look of the graph I have absolutely no LPF at or near 250hz. Graph continues to read all the way up to 800hz and then sharply drops and continues to go until 8k and stops. Makes absolutely no sense. All settings are the same as when I took this measurement:

Ya I know the range between 50-300hz is weird but here is each individual driver:

With both I get this null. It doesn't sound bad and doesn't lack at all in this range

Not to mention i can't seem to get a measurement on subs either so IDK. Might try a clean install of REW and go from there.

Anyway not sure if its a issue with a wire run (be it the 3.5mm to 3.5mm run into the cabin) or if its a issue with the mic. Or heck if I'm missing something that got changed without my knowing it. Any thoughts is much appreciated

Will just hang with what I have for the event but am experimenting with something and need my measurements to be accurate.