Date:

Saturday July 15th 2017

Parts Express
    725 Pleasant Valley Dr.
    Springboro, OH 45066
    (937) 743-3000

Red dot is the parking lot where we will be meeting

Time:

The parts Express event starts at 8AM and goes to 5PM but open as to end time.

Here are some details. This literally will be in the parking lot so bring some lawn chairs. We will be holding this even near the SQ portion of the PE event. It's located across the furthest entrance from the main warehouse. Food will be provided by Parts Express as at the same time they have their own event going on. This includes a sanctioned MECA event, SQ event, audio swap meet and they usually have 20% off everything in their WH plus have drawings early (benefits to getting there early). Food is provided via PE and they usually have chips, hotdogs, and pop/water. All donation based. All of which go to charity.

I wasn't able to make the 2016 meet due to some job instability but will have vacation time for this so am prioritizing this years event.

If your interested in showing up for this event please list your username, name, and vehicle. Please copy and paste the bellow to your post if attending.

Attending

1) Beckerson1 (Justin) 2006 Civic Si
    2) Zippy (Bo) - 2013 BRZ (competing in SQ event)
    3) thefordmccord (Jeremy) - 2007 Scion TC
    Last edited by Beckerson1; 05-18-2017 at 12:42 PM.

2. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Parts Express Midwest Audiofest G2G July 15th 2017

Just keep in mind you don't want your response flat and it's normal for your ears to want a wide-ish cut centered around 250. And of course the ol slope down starting around 10k, and a cut in the 2000 range also for that matter.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Unfortunately, I'll be driving through there, literally, on the 14th.

4. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Just keep in mind you don't want your response flat and it's normal for your ears to want a wide-ish cut centered around 250. And of course the ol slope down starting around 10k, and a cut in the 2000 range also for that matter.
    Ya that was pre "ear tune" I tried to follow Jazzi's house curve and for the most part it hit it within a couple db's along the curve. I further got it to follow the curve and with the ear tune it follows more of what your stating. Wish I could measure it but still cant seem to get it work correctly. I still have decent cut in the 300-500 range and some cuts up near 5k or so to clean up the vocals.

Unfortunately can't utilize the max potential of the midbass as I get a issue popping up with chuffing from the port and. It isn't port area being the issue I feel it's the closeness of the port to the enclosure walls causing the issue. It is quite tight. It's a .3 cu ft enclosure with a 2" port tuned to near 83hz give or take a couple hz. Haven't gotten around to it but plan to do a test enclosure with similar specs to see if it is actually a issue with the port sizing or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Unfortunately, I'll be driving through there, literally, on the 14th.
    Make a pit stop

5. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Getting really excited to see everyone and listen to some vehicles. I plan on being there at 8 as i want to make sure I get my items ordered early so I know they will still have them as well as get in on some drawings. They tend to go quick and very early. I will have my measuring equipment with me as Jazzi and I are going to try and figure out my issues I've been having with the testing setup. Assuming we can get things to work I'll be glad to let anyone borrow the setup if they want to pick Jazzi's brain a little lol

Weather looks to be really good. Low 80's and little chance of rain. Make sure to bring some chairs, sunscreen if you susceptible to burning. Once again food and drink are provided by PE and past events it was donation based. I will have my camera with me and at some point would like to get a group shot of those attending.

I will have my yeti 400 and my homemade 5v power bank for anyone who may need to charge phones or other simple devices.

See you all tomorrow

6. Back To Top    #35
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Glade news. Was able to figure out what was going on with REW and my mic.

1) The RCA to 3.5mm I have is bad/pinched. Get some mad noise from it.
    2) REW was way outdated. I never updated to v5.18. Was still on v5.1

So I redid everything as REW supports auto eq with the 3.Sixty.3 which the previous tune didn't have that option. I had to guess

It will still be fairly raw for tomorrow but hopefully with some feedback and some slight adjustments things can get worked out.

Warning now just in case I don't say anything about it tomorrow. I do have quite the noise floor.

Here are some measurements:

Full System

Full System Crossovers

Mid Bass

Full Range

Had to mess with the subs LPF crossover as with the ported mids the tuning of the enclosure is around 83Hz and the drivers fall off after that. I have them crossed at 50hz as it does help bring the bass more up front. So have the subs set for 80hz which helped fill the gap a little.

Anyway am pleased with the sound. Can play just about any genre for the most part.