Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay's 2015 Mazda 6i Touring build thread

1. Back To Top    #51
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Jay's 2015 Mazda 6i Touring build thread

Yeah, I like how that piece came out. Front to back wasn't too bad, I could have just bought some and hidden a little bit, but the Stinger 6000 series I was considering were not in stock at the time I was going to order them, and then I was thinking about the wiring configuration of my amps, and decided to make my own.
    So then I went through the DIY RCA thread on DIYMA, to see what Chad had to say on the matter, lol.

I need a bunch of odd length Y-cables and rather than use a Y-cable AND another short RCA (introducing extra connections and potential voltage drop) I decided to make my own again. This way they can all be to length, and match all my other wire runs.

Still trying to come up with a labeling solution. Having someplace like Wirecare print heat shrink is not cost effective. eAsy hasn't released their labels yet, and I want to do this soon...so I might have to pick up a heatshrink printing tool on eBay and do my own.

I'm going to do this like I was going to compete in Install.

Jay

2. Back To Top    #52
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    Yeah, I like how that piece came out. Front to back wasn't too bad, I could have just bought some and hidden a little bit, but the Stinger 6000 series I was considering were not in stock at the time I was going to order them, and then I was thinking about the wiring configuration of my amps, and decided to make my own.
    So then I went through the DIY RCA thread on DIYMA, to see what Chad had to say on the matter, lol.

I need a bunch of odd length Y-cables and rather than use a Y-cable AND another short RCA (introducing extra connections and potential voltage drop) I decided to make my own again. This way they can all be to length, and match all my other wire runs.

Still trying to come up with a labeling solution. Having someplace like Wirecare print heat shrink is not cost effective. eAsy hasn't released their labels yet, and I want to do this soon...so I might have to pick up a heatshrink printing tool on eBay and do my own.

I'm going to do this like I was going to compete in Install.

Jay
    Nice.. Are these directional? Meaning shield to ground at source side only? Wish there was a good reusable RCA connector. I'd love to make up some more interconnects including Y's for the splits you have to use with JL amps on the bridged channels and subs. Problem is as soon as I made them up, I'd be changing something that made the length not work anymore. Ugh. So Y-splitters and 6000 stingers in there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #53
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Yep. I split the single drain and ran half to each side, tied in with the negative side of the signal. I plan to leave them open on the other ends. I don't know what exact length I'll need is yet because I need to build the amp/processor rack first and get it mounted, so I just made them and left them long. I'll loosely ziptie them into the car and get actual lengths so I can finish the other ends. I ordered 36 NYS352BG's, 200' of Techflex and 250' of Gepco 6600. I'll have some leftovers, and I'll probably order some extra RCA connectors just to be safe. I have $47.50 in wire, $47.52 in connectors, and $46.00 in Techflex. Not bad for 3 runs from front to back and a bunch of custom Y cables and such. Would have cost me a bunch more for the Stinger 6000's and this way I get custom lengths and no waste. The 3 runs will go back to the processor, so if I need to make any changes, they will most likely be very short from processor to amps.

Jay

4. Back To Top    #54
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Well, it's been in the 90's the last few days, and work sucked. But I finally got a day off, it isn't sunny and hot (about 77 and overcast right now) so I got my templates made for my front door speakers. Then I figured it was a good time to put my door panel back on...so of course it's raining. lol

If anyone is interested...Ring for a C8 is 9" outer, 7 7/16" inner.

Jay

5. Back To Top    #55
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

My wire came today. I felt bad for my Mail lady. She's about 5'4" and maybe 105lbs. That box was pretty heavy.

Get paid tomorrow, going to finish my Wirecare.com order and order some deadener (enough to do the doors, and maybe the rear deck/qtrs/area where the IB wall is going.

Also, trying to decide if welding my amp rack together is worth it, or if I should just do it out of 1/2 with T-nuts or something. I don't want to shortcut it, but I don't know if it's necessary.
    Jay

6. Back To Top    #56
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Wirecare order placed, deadener order placed (some 80mil Noico and some Sonic Barrier MX-4), ordered a 1.5" thick piece of black King Starboard (12x24) to make my speaker plates. Hopefully soon I can start.

Jay

7. Back To Top    #57

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    My wire came today. I felt bad for my Mail lady. She's about 5'4" and maybe 105lbs. That box was pretty heavy.

Get paid tomorrow, going to finish my Wirecare.com order and order some deadener (enough to do the doors, and maybe the rear deck/qtrs/area where the IB wall is going.

Also, trying to decide if welding my amp rack together is worth it, or if I should just do it out of 1/2 with T-nuts or something. I don't want to shortcut it, but I don't know if it's necessary.
    Jay
    The other question is will welding it make it work better or be worth more install points. Either design needs to be bolted in place and you would need t nuts or inserts for the timber, or rivnuts/tapped holes in the steel. Timber would give more flexibility down the track.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I freaking LOVE parts express. I ordered my Sonic Barrier MX-4, and some butyl rope on Thursday night (like 10 or 11pm). It is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. It was on my porch when I got home today. I ordered some 80 mil Noico black that should arrive tomorrow....that came from Amazon.

I think welding the rack together would be one of those "overkill" things worth a few points. I'll have to price out some square tubing and flat stock and see what I think. I already have enough rivnuts to put everything together. I can order the security screws later.

Jay

9. Back To Top    #59
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

So, I realized after I cut some "unnecessary" stuff out of my wirecare order, that it wasn't "unecessary." Oops.
    Another $177...oops.

Jay

10. Back To Top    #60
    Vehicle
    2006 Civic Si

Jay nothing is ever unecessary when it comes to this hobby lol