Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Jay's 2015 Mazda 6i Touring build thread

OK. Got some work done on my amp rack. Couldn't find the wrench to change discs on my angle grinder so i cut the tubing with my Milwaukee cordless Sawzall and used a flap disc on my Ryobi angle grinder to clean them up.

I'm not a great welder, but I'm a pretty good grinder. lol

Ran out of time, probably this weekend I will finish the bracketry to mount the amps, processor and combo distro block.
    I have a plan and the amp mounts are made.

The rack will be held in place with 1/4-20 bolts (eventually anti-theft Torx or Allen, I think) and I should get my 1/4-20 rivnuts tomorrow along with BOTH my orders from Wirecare.com I'm thinking of making so pieces so I can bolt the rear deck to the amp rack as well as the front and rear mounts just to keep everything tight, but I don't know if it will be necessary.

Jay
    Last edited by JayinMI; 4 Days Ago at 08:38 PM.

2. Thumbs Up erinh, Salami, Babs, cadaver gave this post Thumbs Up
  3. Back To Top    #72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Jay's 2015 Mazda 6i Touring build thread

OK. So, where I left off before, I had the basic frame and mounts put together. Today, I added all the brackets/captive nuts/etc. to hold both my PDX-V9's, my 8to12 Aerospace and my Streetwires Combo block. I drilled the holes and test fitted the riv nuts for the combo block.

I fabbed up some brackets, and then made some 1/2" MDF "PDX amps" so I could line everything up and make sure it was going to fit.

I double sided taped a piece to the bottom to keep them in place.

Clamped everything in place...

and welded it up...then hit it with the grinder to knock down the welds some. Hoping to test fit it and then paint it tomorrow or Tuesday.

While I had the welder out, I decided to make a mount for my Tsunami compression Fuse Holder.

Fabbed a bracket with captive nuts, and ground a flat spot on top of the battery hold down:

Then welded it to the hold down...

Jay

4. Thumbs Up erinh gave this post Thumbs Up