Thread: Left side only rca issues?

1. Back To Top    #1

Left side only rca issues?

Hey guys,

I'm just curious if any of you guys have ever run across this- I installed a new headunit and ALL of my left side gear took a crap. Some of the stuff I've had for years and no issues. The left front on my four channel went crap, the left side on the mid amp stopped working, the left side crossover stopped working(hooked up to four channel) , the left side everything(mid range and tweeter were hooked up to crossover). Im rather irritated because i believe im now out alot of gear. Main pisser was my Infinity XPTen crossover may have taken a crap too because of this. I have some troubleshooting to do, but any input would be appreciated. The other question is, what is my recourse?

Respectfully,
    Al

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Left side only rca issues?

I imagine you have run the right rca to the left side and conversley ran the left channel rca's to the right and possibly ruled out that the hu was in fact putting out a signal .

If the output isn't working , then returning the hu for a replacement may be the extent of it.

The highly unlikely possibility that something was exceeded that could cause a domino effect and subsequently search out and destroy each item inline . . .

Good hunting !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Any luck Al ? SUP ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey man,

Thanks for your response. I tried out the HU and it was the left side rca bank. I had tried switching the rcas and it tracked from side to side. I was also getting some wonkiness with the fader, so I messed with the harness and also switched between 2-way and 3-way crossover settings a couple of times, and somehow, it started working properly. At that point though, I was ready to send it back. Im supposed to be receiving a replacement in the mail.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Al, hope it all works out soon!

6. Back To Top    #6

I talked to Crutchfield, and the replacement will be in tomorrow. However, in the meantime, I have replaced it with an older kdc-x693 I had. I am also moving some stuff around and replacing some of the speakers. I believe I may end up selling the exchange or trading locally for a 4-channel. Im a little gun shy with this unit at this point. Thanks for your help, by the way.