Thread: Weshole's Higlander build

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Weshole's Higlander build

Dayton Audio DSS4 ,parts express

The spikes almost completely erase the box vehicle interaction and allow the pycho-acoustics to work at making the 63 Hz and lower notes appear to be coming from the hood over your motor in the front !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by weshole View Post
    I also found out that the bass response (vehicle wise) isnt great. Meaning no matter what I use for sub stage, I just dont get the output I want no matter what I use for substage. Oh well.
    How are you going to fix it ? Maybe sell & get another vehicle like one you have heard with excellent bass reproduction.

Besides being less than "optimum" on output ... Have you achieved a projection of the sound out to front hood of vehicle ? . . . or , is it just from the rear [ behind ] you ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #23

Found the problem. I was brainstorming and figured Id check final resistance at the terminal cup. 2ohms..... Its suppose to be 1.3ohms or close to it. so then I hit the terminal with 12v to see where the issue lies. Found one sub barely moving. Removed it to find one dead VC meaning that particular sub was acting like a passive radiator. That explains everything. For shits and giggles, I hooked up the one good coil and installed the box. SHIT CAME ALIVE!!!! Ordering a new sub and all else would be history.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Well dang man, sorry about the sub, but at least you figured it out!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Well dang man, sorry about the sub, but at least you figured it out!
    Im glad too. Its not a biggie on the sub. Ill order another and worry about this one after. Im just glad I figured it out. I was really thinking the vehicle was the culprit. I have never found a vehicle I couldnt get big bass out of if thats what I was after. The box modeled great with the subs and there is PLENTY-O-POWER on tap with that Zapco. These things do impress.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Nicely done weshole !

Let us know when you drop in different sub [ 1.3 ohms equals BIG hittin low notes ]

7. Back To Top    #27

Actually, with the one vc hooked up on the said sub, Im at 1ohm (DVC 2ohm). But, I wont lose anything noticable when getting a sub with both voice coils good.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

with only one voice coil working you lose half your output and try modeling another box . . . see what it says ?

9. Back To Top    #29

With the output it has now, Im excited to get a sub with both working coils.

10. Back To Top    #30

I should clarify. I will be replacing the one sub with a bad coil with another one to match the other 2.