Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best dogs

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Best dogs

I was bit by a doberman once in HS, threw a frisbee back over fence. I always felt doing the ears and tail was like putting a rear windfoil on a front-wheel drive.
    Last edited by Hic; 01-19-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22

Good buddy has a Dobie with floppy ears.... looks like a tall daschound

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I should've put daschund as a choice also, weiner dogs are a alot of people's favorite ! I believe that I heard they were bred to hunt in holes in the ground, a foxes den. With head out front the animal they cornered would play hell getting the daschund's legs.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMike View Post
    Has she been spayed? Mine put on a lot of weight from years 2-5 and in talking with other bully breed owners, that isn't uncommon due to hormonal changes. We made some dietary changes and gave it time and Maggie shed the weight. Now we are on the other side with an elderly dog that is losing muscle mass as she ages.
    Yeah, she was spayed at probably 6-9 months, she's just over 2 now. And when I say weight gain, at 9 months she was 47Lbs, she clocked in at 93 before the diet and it is not coming off fast at all... No treats (except baby carrots and fresh green beans) and super duper diet food in small quantities twice a day.

5. Back To Top    #25

Yea, the maths is tough on getting LBS off dogs. The calories in and out are so different from people. Our rescue is, let's say 15% overweight- on a 34 lb dog that gets less than a cup of food during the day, that one oversight day in the week where she can snatch the other dog's serving (weighs less and gets twice the food) can negate that food restriction for the entire week. And an increase in exercise doesn't work like on people either..... it's been a struggle for us, but she may have lost one lb over the last year. At this rate, she'll be at her ideal weight just in time for the farewell speech.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

She's lost 4 Lbs since October She CANNOT snatch the rottie's food as he's on the high-test shit so they eat in separate rooms.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Any Great Dane owner's ?

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Martyn
    Vehicle
    None now.

Used to have them. (not really me but my mum and dad had them) over the time we had fawns, brindles, blue merle and a standard blue. Just never had the harlequin

Sent from my phone. Sorry for any mistakes

9. Back To Top    #29

konnie corso looks like pitbull mostly but from europe they sell for over a grand, stepdaughter got one while stationed in italy ($200) last yr named zeus and he's very very strong., he's my granddog yeah i said it and on my 1st post too lol..

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

I'm going to resurrect an old post....
    As a former owner of a Rhodesian Ridgeback they are probably the smartest dog I have ever been around, insanely loyal and overly protective. Mine would have jumped in front of a bullet for anyone in our family.
    As a rescue family for Great Danes they are the most loving, goofy dogs. Not really lazy just so big that they exert their energy and need a nap, a LONG nap. Our long term rescue was amazing, super patient with a 3 year old and was fun to play with.
    As the owner of a terrier mutt I will say that she is a cute, loving, loyal, protective dog that is very playful and tons of fun. Not really smart, she's actually pretty dumb even by dog standards but she is so cute that it makes you forget her lack of intelligence.