2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best dogs

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Re: Best dogs

Got two GSP's (German Shorthair Pointers). Can't describe easily how cool these dogs are. Big sweet silly bird dogs. Hilda und Kaiser of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

They are beautiful ! Pasquale had one in my H.S. days , 1974 - 1976 , and he had a great dane. Ringo an Duke .

Kaiser Wilhelm ? Scott !
    Last edited by Hic; 03-30-2017 at 06:20 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    They are beautiful ! Pasquale had one in my H.S. days , 1974 - 1976 , and he had a great dane. Ringo an Duke .

Kaiser Wilhelm ? Scott !
    Thanks. Hilda at 55lbs is really a cheetah who thinks she's a dog. Kaiser tries to hang with her but nah. He's a 75lb slow runaway beer truck. LOL when she takes off in full sprint it's crazy. Kaiser is the hunter though. He's hell on rabbits.

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

4. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

5. Back To Top    #35
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Meh, there's an argument to be made for both sides of that coin. Pure bred done right is specifically to ensure you're breeding the finest examples with the least chances of typical health concerns inherent to specific breeds. Some breeds have totally different tendencies and personalities than others and some have different needs in order to be a good member of the family. While a mutt may (sometimes) have less of a specific risk of a certain issue than one that may be very common in a specific pure breed, you also have less chance of predicting how the dog will interact and what their tendencies may be.
    We've owned dogs (many times multiples at the same time) over many years of my life. I can say that there are some breeds that are an absolute breeze, some that require very little of their owners time to make them happy and some which are far more needy and in different ways. It really all depends on your lifestyle, what type of companion you're looking for and the family you have (kids, age, etc). Our Golden Retriever has been absolutely amazing and is a tremendously sweet dog with a loving personality. She is a pure bred and we wanted that, and selected our breeder carefully to ensure that they were breeding healthy dogs with the proper certifications and the right temperament.
    Captain you make an excellent point on one topic.. Active dogs absolutely must have adequate activity and exercise. We spent a small fortune on a fence around a large portion of the property for safe running. It's been great that they have a good acre or better to run and be bird dogs. I can only imagine what they'd be like in open field.

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

6. Back To Top    #36

belgian malinois k9 dogs awesome.. i like pitbulls and even cocker spaniels too though