Thread: 2010 MX-5 / Miata Build

1. Back To Top    #131
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: 2010 MX-5 / Miata Build

Excellently done LumbermanSVO !

Your skills are a wonder to behold, as is the knowledge you posess!

Just absolutely amazing (props on sub mounting, making roof more manageable and seat lowering).
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #132

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Excellently done LumbermanSVO !

Your skills are a wonder to behold, as is the knowledge you posess!

Just absolutely amazing (props on sub mounting, making roof more manageable and seat lowering).
    I don't know if I'm all that skilled, but I'm not afraid to jump in and try stuff.

I spent quite a bit of time tuning today, it sounds good, but I'm not too happy with it. I think I'm gonna toss the whole tune out and start over again.

3. Back To Top    #133

I haven't done much in awhile, but today I installed a new hardtop.

How it arrived:

Installed:

4. Back To Top    #134

Today I did a little sound deadening in the trunk. One layer of Kolosus and a thin layer of foam on top of it, mostly because i had it laying around. I also stuffed the open spaces with a dense CCF.

The thin foam cleaned it the gap between the factory carpet and sub baffle pretty nicely. I have a plan for covering the CLD on the trunk lid.

5. Back To Top    #135

Picking up where I left off:

Ugly CLD exposed on the trunk lid. Today I put some Dynamat Hoodliner over the CLD to fill the shallow parts of the decklid frame:

But that is still ugly! One of the benefits of having a car that is super popular to mod is having off the shelf solutions for things. I covered up the ugly with a CarbonMiata decklid panel:

That looks SO much better!

Since I now had a big chunk of Hoodliner around...

The stock hoodliner:

It's not ugly, not good looking, it's totally forgettable. I honestly didn't remember if the car actually had one. Not only is it there, but it is getting brittle, and is much thinner than the Dynamat product. In theory, by switching over to a thicker product, if can lower the frequency where it starts absorbing sound. So I removed the stock liner and laid it on top of the Dynamat to make a pattern:

Then I cleaned the hood. Be careful, those speed holes will wreck your knuckles!

Then I attached the Dynamet Hoodliner:

This was an impulse install, I don't have before / after DB measurements, so I don't know if it is effective at reducing noise. But hey, I now have one less thing to store in my garage!