Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so, i dropped some essque on that fool..........

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: so, i dropped some essque on that fool..........

Yup,I was in that boat at one time myself.......as a matter of a fact, this was only a year or so ago. Jason's last meet was what reopened my eyes as to what was possible in a car. Had a sweet home setup, and always kept a loud and tonally accurate car...., but had given up on the pinpoint imaging, and great staging in a car I had been against the knowledge wall for years........when I heard Jason's brz, another fellas m5, and graysons lancer, I knew the sound I had spent years unsuccessfully chasing, and subsequently given up on was possible! That sent me spiralling into tuning, and by chance discovering (after years of ownership) that my 880 head unit had INDIVIDUAL phase control......LOL, the only key I was missing to go from so-so staging to OMG......

2. Back To Top    #22

Its frustrating thinking back to all my setups, especially the last three where I had the 880 installed, knowing that was all that was holding me back. I ran the gamut, two ways, three ways, kicks, then my currents pods......all in search of something I just couldn't quite get....with the t/a and individual eq, I could always get "close", nut no cigar. No 3d, no depth, no focus......and had the tools the whole time. The first time I switched the phase on just one mid, I damn near got out of the car and ran a lap around the house.....almost brought a tear to my eye, as I thought, NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE!

3. Back To Top    #23

Now my car sounds better than my home stereo.......shit....

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Install an 880 in your house!

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

5. Back To Top    #25

LOL, unfortunately its not a processing/staging issue.....that would be a cheaper fix...no, the problem is more basic than that, with an easy fix.....a big ol pile o money! I'm afraid that the shortcomings of my home rig vs. my car are an attribute of the cars confined space, and intimate speaker placement. Lots of people comment on the ease of realistic bass impact in a car, but to me, its just as noticeable in the midrange....for what my home rig is missing is the transient response in the upper midbass/lower midrange. Now to expect this from two towers in a 24x16' space is really not fair, at least in comparison to two overpowered 8's and 4's practically in your face. I'm sure I could get the impact I crave in that region with a large investment in cash and living room real estate.....but I just don't see that happening. Now don't get me wrong, my living room sounds plenty sweet, and in full multi-channel mode for movies this deficet is erased. However, in two channel mode, it is noticeable.......in comparison to my car.