Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so, i dropped some essque on that fool..........

1. Back To Top    #1

so, i dropped some essque on that fool..........

Not really a fool, but this kid at work ( I say kid but he's probably only 10 or so years younger than me) he had heard me roll into work, feeling froggy with the volume, so he new I liked metal. I'd heard.him cranking his metal before as well. He approached me one day in the parking lot, asking about my stereo and music taste. He recommended some bands and said he'd like to listen to my car, said his factory caddy system sounded "pretty good" and mentioned his 15k home stereo. I thought the home setup price mention was a lil braggy, but I know what he makes, so its feasible........ so tonight I gave him an hour plus demo. Knowing he was a metal head, we started with my music......some symphony x ( if'n ya like prog metal, do yourself a favor and pickup "the oddysey" ) he was diggin the volume, asked and was impressed that my subs were "only 8s". He was jammin', but I could tell he wasn't "listening". I turned it down, and knowing he had the home setup, mentioned the staging........I received a blank stare, so trying not to sound too anal, I gave him a sounstage run down......he said he'd never noticed any of that in music before.......then I brought the volume back up........I looked, and now this cat was "listening". This time he turned it down, and asked how do you make it do that? He then questioned about "are there more speakers up there" ( on the dash ). I said "no", and he started looking for himself.......he had many questions, which I answered the best I could. We then switched to his metal......... not too bad, I hadn't heard the band he played. I then explained I was going to change gears a lil, so not to shock him too bad, and put in one of Jason's ( afghanvet) demo discs. When the first track came on ( called yalunga, can't remember the artists name) he was listening close, maybe even closed his eyes. A shaker comes in far left......my man jumped, and looked out his window.......... he turned to me, jaw in his lap, and I knew I had him. Well we spent the next 45min. or so listening to sq music, pausing between tracks, him telling me what he was hearing, and how he had never noticed things like that. Needless to say, I believe someone rode home thinking a lil less of his factory caddy system, and eager to "listen" to his home stereo again, hopefully with a new perspective! Fun times people, I'm tellin ya.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: so, i dropped some essque on that fool..........

Awesome! The slackjaw look is pretty common. I demo at car shows and get all kinds of comments. One "former competitor" pointed and asked about my center channel (I have 2 way+sub) . "I need a cigarette" is common too. I don't know which is cooler, people that don't know anything or the ones that think a car can't do it. Either way, good times.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes sir, I was happy to give a music fan a new perspective. Once I explained a few things, he really opened his ears, he got all " kid on Christmas morning " on me........it was fun!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

I demoed for my dad. He's an old aristocratic redneck type. Never takes me too seriously and he is always rather formal. I began by explaining to him that the vocalist and lead guitar would appear just to the left of under the rear view and I asked him to pay attention to the imaging. He says, "there's gonna be a picture on the windshield?" I said no just listen...

2 minutes later I get a "No shit..." Loss for words. It was fun.

Letting someone listen to their own favorite music is fun too. One of my best friends is a huge Celine fan. So he climbs in the driver seat and is giddy over the goosebumps on his arms halfway through the first track. Then he has to drive his car home with his $3k system with his super bright focal components, JL W0 10s, and no processing whatsoever. The same guy used to make fun of me when I told him I was installing Pyle subs.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL, edjicate them folks!

6. Back To Top    #6

It's a good way to get back at anyone you don't like. Make them see the benefits of a well-tuned system, then watch as they spend a fortune on trying to get there. TROLL!
    Nick

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Not really a fool, but this kid at work ( I say kid but he's probably only 10 or so years younger than me) he had heard me roll into work, feeling froggy with the volume, so he new I liked metal. I'd heard.him cranking his metal before as well. He approached me one day in the parking lot, asking about my stereo and music taste. He recommended some bands and said he'd like to listen to my car, said his factory caddy system sounded "pretty good" and mentioned his 15k home stereo. I thought the home setup price mention was a lil braggy, but I know what he makes, so its feasible........ so tonight I gave him an hour plus demo. Knowing he was a metal head, we started with my music......some symphony x ( if'n ya like prog metal, do yourself a favor and pickup "the oddysey" ) he was diggin the volume, asked and was impressed that my subs were "only 8s". He was jammin', but I could tell he wasn't "listening". I turned it down, and knowing he had the home setup, mentioned the staging........I received a blank stare, so trying not to sound too anal, I gave him a sounstage run down......he said he'd never noticed any of that in music before.......then I brought the volume back up........I looked, and now this cat was "listening". This time he turned it down, and asked how do you make it do that? He then questioned about "are there more speakers up there" ( on the dash ). I said "no", and he started looking for himself.......he had many questions, which I answered the best I could. We then switched to his metal......... not too bad, I hadn't heard the band he played. I then explained I was going to change gears a lil, so not to shock him too bad, and put in one of Jason's ( afghanvet) demo discs. When the first track came on ( called yalunga, can't remember the artists name) he was listening close, maybe even closed his eyes. A shaker comes in far left......my man jumped, and looked out his window.......... he turned to me, jaw in his lap, and I knew I had him. Well we spent the next 45min. or so listening to sq music, pausing between tracks, him telling me what he was hearing, and how he had never noticed things like that. Needless to say, I believe someone rode home thinking a lil less of his factory caddy system, and eager to "listen" to his home stereo again, hopefully with a new perspective! Fun times people, I'm tellin ya.
    tl;dr :reddy:

:joke:

Seriously, I was really impressed on how much your system has improved since November. I think you and Demetrius have some of the best imaging I have ever heard.

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh, no shit?........ thanks al! I liked demetrius' Nissan as well, he played papa was rollin stone and I got a "chill", it was awesome. And yea, no comparison between NC and atl, learned a lot between those two meets, and also made several small installation changes, aiming and such. Mostly it was just tuning.

9. Back To Top    #9

Alright I get the lil dude mooning me, but wtf is " tl;dr".........please enlighten me, I'm not a texter!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Alright I get the lil dude mooning me, but wtf is " tl;dr".........please enlighten me, I'm not a texter!
    Too Long; Didn't Read.