Thread: Album artwork not showing on most tracks

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Album artwork not showing on most tracks

So, I've got an Alpine X008U headunit and I've play all my music (mp3 & wma) from a thumb drive.

Now while playing some of the tracks, the album artwork displays. But most of the tracks do not display the artwork.

All the tracks show album artwork when viewing the files in windows 7 and windows media player. But for some reason only a select few show up on the Alpine?

Can anyone help?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Re: Album artwork not showing on most tracks

Ok, found some things I can try on this site: http://tips4pc.com/computer-gadgets/...-album-art.htm

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

So it turns out the only files that have album art are the ones which were downloaded from amazon. All the files I ripped from cds do not contain album art even though they show up in WMP and W7 file explorer.
    I've just discovered mp3tag and discogs. Just a matter of going through my library and updating the album art...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    So it turns out the only files that have album art are the ones which were downloaded from amazon. All the files I ripped from cds do not contain album art even though they show up in WMP and W7 file explorer.
    I've just discovered mp3tag and discogs. Just a matter of going through my library and updating the album art...
    When you download it from Amazon, they include the artwork...but if you rip it, the program may or may not download and associate the artwork from the internet. The reason the ripped music artwork shows in WMP is because it actively seeks out the missing artwork from the internet, but your car radio doesn't have that capability.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Yes, found out WMP, at least the version I'm using, does not embed the artwork when ripping. Downloading dbpoweramp for future rips. Tried EAC but did not care for the UI and too many extra steps to get it to do what I wanted. Is there any other recommended rippers out there?

First time I really looked into these things as I've pretty much been using cds up until getting this new car.... never had a smart phone nor ipod either

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

dbpoweramp seems to be the 'in' thing now. I've used it for batch conversion, but not yet for ripping. IIRC, Erin uses it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    dbpoweramp seems to be the 'in' thing now. I've used it for batch conversion, but not yet for ripping. IIRC, Erin uses it.
    Now? I've been using it since 2008 and I started using it for ripping when Exact Audio Copy stopped working on my main computer. That was in 2010 when I upgraded to a Windows 7 box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2019 WRX Limited - Stock HK for now while waiting on parts to be developed...