Thread: B2 Audio's DSP

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

B2 Audio's DSP

I saw a dude on FB, Andrew Showers, responding to people bashing his new DSP before even seeing or hearing it, so he said to message him some credentials, and he may give a couple out to be evaluated. I thought this might be a great opportunity for some of you experts to check it out and tell the rest of us what you think about it....

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Re: B2 Audio's DSP

Credential?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I'm thinking people who know what they're doing and have experiences with several of the higher end processors. There's a few on this forum that could easily tell how the cow ate the cabbage if they have time to try it out. Bobby you got a link to this new processor?
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I'm sorry i do not. I did notice that Erin jumped in on the conversation on FB as being a willing tester. I think it's on "Strictly Sound Quality" page on FB...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

That's the one!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I downloaded the software and already find it annoying. First of all, you can't re-size or scroll the window and when I'm using it, the bottom part of the window is down below my task bar. This is one of the things that I don't like about using the PPI software for the dsp-88 on my Microsoft Surface Pro. There's too much information on a small screen and I need a stylus and magnifying glass to change settings. If I change the resolution of the screen to make it appear bigger, windows start hanging off the edge as they do here. Secondly, it looks like it was made on Windows 95, but I guess form should follow function.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I downloaded the software and already find it annoying. First of all, you can't re-size or scroll the window and when I'm using it, the bottom part of the window is down below my task bar. This is one of the things that I don't like about using the PPI software for the dsp-88 on my Microsoft Surface Pro. There's too much information on a small screen and I need a stylus and magnifying glass to change settings. If I change the resolution of the screen to make it appear bigger, windows start hanging off the edge as they do here. Secondly, it looks like it was made on Windows 95, but I guess form should follow function.
    Annoying software could be a dealbreaker for a lot of people. I'll download it myself and see what's up. Depends on the person on whether or not a quirk is a problem. I'm glad Erin is down for testing. His credentials are about as good as it gets.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Just checked out the software. All that was covered up by the bar at the bottom for me was the eq band number. No big deal at all. I was able to see everything that needed to be seen. Yeah it will take getting used to but it should be a great alternative to the Helix if it passes Erin's tests. Any idea on pricing?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

It was either $599 or $699, I believe