Thread: RCA to 5-channel

1. Back To Top    #1

RCA to 5-channel

So here's the deal...
    I bought a new head unit and installed it into my accord (Pioneer MVH-X380BT) and was planning on buying this Pioneer GM-D9605*5 channel amp. I also bought two new Alpine 6.5 and 6x9s and haven't decided on a sub yet. My head unit has one set of RCA cables and I have been trying to figure how to connect that to my amp but out but haven't had any luck. I went on a forum and all I could find was this:
    "Unfortunately your head unit doesn't have a full-pre-amp section so in this case you'll need to wire right to the amp output for front/rear signal. You can turn the RCA output on the Pioneer into a subwoofer pre-amp though, and use RCA for that connection." Could someone tell me if this could work? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: RCA to 5-channel

According to page 9 of the amp manual, switch the 2ch/4ch switch to 2ch, and slide the A/B-SW switch to A/B. This should allow you to run one pair of RCA's to the A-inputs and the signal will be distributed to all of the channels. Unfortunately, you won't have any fader control from front to rear, but you can control the sub output by using the bass control knob.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/S...nual081815.pdf

You will also need to check page 6 of the radio manual to change the SP-P/O Mode to Rear/Rear

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...nual081715.pdf

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]