Re: Truthunter's 2015 Toyota Camry XLE V6

NICE WORK

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Thanks for the comments / encouragement... I hope to get the head unit replaced this weekend...

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Just a quick update: I successfully installed the Alpine - I was really afraid I wouldn't be satisfied with how it looked / fit / felt. But I can say now that the fear was unwarranted as I'm very pleased with the results.

Right now it's powering the stock speakers with it's internal amp and there is quite an improvement in clarity, detail, dynamics, and stereo seperation that I immediately could detect over the stock head unit. I'm hearing instruments/details that I could not hear with the stock head unit no matter how I fiddled with it. I'm hearing sounds coming from only one side or the other that were just kind of all muddled together with the stock head unit.

When I get time, I will update this thread on all the steps I had to take in order to get it to fit right and on the Maestro's functionality.

Last edited by Truthunter; 10-11-2016 at 09:23 AM.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Now that looks sweet! VERY nice job
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Haven't really made any headway but would like to share some things about the Maestro.

Here is a video showing the vehicle status & gauge screens. Notice the vehicle status screen TPMS shows both pressure and temperature. It also displays battery voltage, if any doors or the trunk is open, and display CEL codes if your vehicle is producing any. I believe the gauges can be set to show as analog but I haven't messed with it to find out.

https://youtu.be/YkfhibXjefA

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

I made of list of features that were lost from this upgrade (Alpine X008U / Maestro RR):

1. Voice Commands:
    The stock Entune Premium w/ Nav could be controlled by voice commands which is not supported by the Alpine. You would press the button on the steering wheel and say what you wanted to happen. Below is the list of things one could accomplish with voice commands:
    Turn on/off or change audio source
    Choose radio station/preset, artist/album/song
    Navigation: Set destination, find a point of interest, etc.
    Call someone (though this can still be accomplished through Siri/Andriod with compatible phone)
    I'm sure there is more but I just never really used this feature much to find out.

2. GraceNote information:
    The stock Entune Premium w/Nav had GraceNote which recognized nearly any song/artist/album and displayed that information regardless of the source

3. Sirius XM:
    The Alpine does not have built in XM tuner but is XM ready with additional module. I could care less because I rarely listened to XM & refuse to pay for the poor sound quality it provides at least in my area. HD radio sounds better to me and is free.

4. No Standby
    Not really a feature but an annoyance. The stock Entune audio could be turned off but the display was always on and the back up camera would work anytime the shifter was in reverse. The Alpine has to remain on at all times in order for the back up camera to display. This means that the current audio source is always playing. I just keep the unit on all the time and turn the volume to zero if I do not want to listen.

5. Maintenance Records
    The stock Entune Premium w/Nav gave you the ability to manually enter in records of service that was performed and manually set reminders for service in the future. This was completely separate from the maintenance required light and display in the cluster. Never used it as I keep a spreadsheet for all service performed.

6. Navigation promps/compass/current street & speed limit displaying on the auxillary screen
    So the navigation tab on that aux screen between my main gauges is just always blank now. However, this information is displayed on the Alpine's Nav screen.
    I confirmed with ADS that only Kenwood supplies the signals for this to occur... Alpine & Pioneer do not. It's ok with me as I rarely use the navigation and when I do I really don't use the aux screen for guidance. The aux screen does still however display current source, artist, album, track info.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

I am having an issue with the Maestro: The switched +12v it supplies to the Alpine red ignition power lead is erratic. It turns the radio on when it shouldn't and does not shut it off right away when I turn ign off.
    I've been in contact with ADS on their forum and supposedly the programmers over there are working on a solution: http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/view...9ccbfec4c82c0d

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Are there pictures posted to this thread? If so I can't see a single one.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Are there pictures posted to this thread? If so I can't see a single one.
    Yes... linked from Google+

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I see all but post #7