1. Back To Top    #101
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Re: Truthunter's 2015 Toyota Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Subs?
    After #4 is completed on the my current components.... I'd rather not add another layer of complexity until I'm comfortable dealing with what I already got

Besides, I feel there is clean/strong output down to ~37hz from the ZR800s.... so only really missing 1 octave.

But, if you want to know the options I'm considering in that dept:

1. Small sealed enclosure 10/12 in passenger footwell like Jason B's car. Perhaps Oncore SM10/12 or Si MkV.

2. Small sealed enclosure 2 x 10 under rear deck with cones facing cabin like your car

3. IB setup on rear deck.

Need to listen to more cars to get a better idea of what I like best.

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

3. IB is an excellent choice and would compliment the ZR800 speakers.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

I'd highly recommend going with subs. The ZR800 is a great mb and yes it will play pretty low, but it won't like doing it for long. I've blown one, and a couple friend have blown 3 or 4 between them. So keep them as mb and not a lot of power on them. When JL says 150w, they mean it
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    I'd highly recommend going with subs. The ZR800 is a great mb and yes it will play pretty low, but it won't like doing it for long. I've blown one, and a couple friend have blown 3 or 4 between them. So keep them as mb and not a lot of power on them. When JL says 150w, they mean it
    No doubt... Currently I'm only feeding them "90" watts from the front channels of an ARC 4150xxk running wide open on the bottom end (no HPF). But I plan on feeding them double that from and ARC KS300.2 with HPF around 60hz in the future with properly set levels/gains.

From owner's manual:
    "Infinite Baffle: As a dedicated mid-bass speaker operating above 50 Hz (with active filtering) the ZR800-CW can be safely operated at power levels momentarily exceeding 200 watts per woofer. When operating below 50 Hz as a true woofer, power should be limited to no more than 125 watts per woofer in infinite baffle applications."

I feel like my current setup and future plans will keep them within the stated parameters. And honestly, I don't think my doors will like much more abuse than they are getting now
    Last edited by Truthunter; 10-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

That manual is being generous don't wail on them and you'll be fine.
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

6. Back To Top    #106
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The bottom end is the most trying or bane of all drivers/speakers and easily accounts for the majority of blown speakers.

Crossover 80hz @ 12db slope and play sub 60hz -n- down !
    Last edited by Hic; 10-06-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Aquired some more stuff and started working on this again recently.
    Some new tools I got for Christmas

Needed some more cld to treat other parts of the car. I emailed Don @ SDS to see if he had any b-stock CLD. He did and saved myself some cash on stuff that will never be seen. Actually, the B-Stock he sent me would likely pass for A-Stock elsewhere

8. Back To Top    #108
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

So there are several changes/improvements I would like to get implemented before the Spring NCSQ meet rolls around.

One of those improvements is to tame the back wave energy within my doors as much as possible. The doors are already dampened and sealed very well. After reading threads about using materials inside the doors to absorb energy and the positive result some have had I decided to do some research.

Those who do this usually use rigid fiberglass insulation; Either Owens Corning 703 or fiberglass ceiling tiles bought at the local home improvement store. But I also found someone using Roxul brand mineral wool. After reviewing the published absorption coefficients, considering the costs, and reading about how each reacts with moisture, I decided 1" Roxul AFB would be the best choice for my application. I bought a box of 12 sheets from atsacoustics.com. I figured I could use the additional sheets elsewhere in the vehicle an/or perhaps in my house. Also, if there is anyone local (NY, NJ, CT, PA) that is interested in a sheet or two - shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Truthunter; 01-24-2018 at 08:46 PM.

9. Back To Top    #109
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Truthunter's 2015 Toyota Camry XLE V6

Outstanding! I can’t stress enough how much doing that helped mine. Absolute PITA but worth it. Doing the insulation along with aluminum sheet sealing was the only way I could fix some really funky phase issues, along with general cleanliness all around in midbass region.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

10. Back To Top    #110
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Also, if there is anyone local (NY, NJ, CT, PA) that is interested in a sheet or two - shoot me a PM.
    I realize it may be a complete PITA to bring down this way, but if you have any around the time of either the NCSQ meet or VA meet I would love to take a couple sheets for the front doors.

And now I am off back to trying to find out what the mice ruined.....
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix