Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Truthunter's 2015 Toyota Camry XLE V6

1. Back To Top    #121

Re: Truthunter's 2015 Toyota Camry XLE V6

Im a bit jealous of your fabrication skills and room in your doors for 8's. I had a couple xxk in 2006 and they are awesome amps!!

2. Back To Top    #122
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Im a bit jealous of your fabrication skills and room in your doors for 8's. I had a couple xxk in 2006 and they are awesome amps!!
    Don't be too jealous... It takes way too long for me to get stuff done . All I really did is watch some online videos, mostly CAF, on how to use a router to cut door baffles. That's about as far as my fabrication skills go, lol... I've never touched fiberglass, built beauty panels, or did any upholstering though I would like to learn eventually.
    And I hear you on the xxk amps. I feel it would be very expensive in order to get this type of performance in an amp today. So glad the people on this forum steered me to them. I have a second 4150xxk waiting to go in for a total of 8ch. I simply don't see a need to try and find another amp solution when these things work so well

3. Back To Top    #123
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Truthunter,

You are putting it all together, this time !
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    I’ve always been interested in building a moderate SQ system ever since I heard a competition vehicle back in the 90’s, but never got around to dedicating the time/money to do so. Recent years have been dedicated to home improvements/repairs and I still have some more, uh, a lot more of that to do… actually I know now that will never end with owning a house. So I decided that I just have to do it. I sold my classic motorcycle to fund the project… it’s safer, and I’m safer, with it sitting in the private museum it resides at now anyway.

This is my first true full on car audio build. I’ve installed a few “deck ‘n four"
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #124
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Finished stuffing the passenger door with Roxul AFB. Two layers (2") in most the door. 1" toward the rear where the door gets shallow.

Lined the door trim panel with Ultratouch denim insulation anywhere there was room for it to fit:

5. Back To Top    #125
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Those doors are packed full of the finest Colombian sheep's wool.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

6. Back To Top    #126
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Relocated the tweeter from the dash/piller crotch to the sail panel. Not sure this will be the permanent location.
    Just eyeballing it; it's aimed so the off axis angle is similar in both driver and passenger seats just using
    the angle cup that came with the set.

Tesa 4965 double sided tape was used stick it to the sail panel. I like this tape much better than the 3m clear double sided mounting tape found at the big box stores. It's rated for much broader temp range and it holds much better.
    Thanks goes to ErinH for recommending this stuff