Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some bass help!

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: Need some bass help!

Figured a quick update would be worth while, been slowly getting my head around using REW and am currently working with this:

From what had started as this:

In fact it probably looked a little worse than that initially!! I used HolmImpulse to help get time alignment dialed in, then been using REW. Still needs some more fine tuning, specifically the left midbass dip of 150Hz, but it sounds pretty good right now.
    Last edited by naiku; 11-03-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #22

isn't that mid bass dip on one side, pretty normal though?

Like, if you try and fix it with boost, it just gets out of hand before you smooth it out, like it's a reflection, or mode, or node, or null, haha...

and flipping polarity of the one side just improves imaging, at the expense of mid bass response in that small region. Or, it's probable that anything done to "fix" that graph, ends up being at the expense of sound quality.

I mean, it looks pretty darn good... except for what's happening at 470-500 hz, maybe that could use some lift.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
    isn't that mid bass dip on one side, pretty normal though?

Like, if you try and fix it with boost, it just gets out of hand before you smooth it out, like it's a reflection, or mode, or node, or null, haha...

and flipping polarity of the one side just improves imaging, at the expense of mid bass response in that small region. Or, it's probable that , anything done to "fix" that graph, ends up being at the expense of sound quality.

I mean, it looks pretty darn good... except for what's happening at 470-500 hz, maybe that could use some lift.
    Your thoughts mirror mine, I get the feeling that I could spend who knows how long trying to sort that one little piece out and in the meantime it give me other issues. I do in fact already have it boosted about 4dB anyway, with it still almost 10dB down. I think I know what is causing the 475-500Hz issue and that should be very easy to fix... in fact, heading to car now to see about fixing that.
    Last edited by naiku; 11-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #24
    ShakiraRoy

The midbass are in the entryways, terminating straight out. Not the most effortless to find in this photo underneath, yet in the event that you look where the entryway take closes you can simply make out the speaker flame broil (D formed piece). Not that I think it is important with this, but rather tweeters are in stock areas at the highest point of the entryway and midrange are in the kick boards.