Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Post A Build Log

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Please Post A Build Log

CAJ encourages everyone to post a build log. Mundane to insane, we love pix. Even if you haven't started, post up car, gear and future plans. Build logs give ideas, sparks discussion and motivates folks. Show us what you got! Or, as Al so eloquently put it, PIX or GTFO!

There is a 10 pic limit per post, so keep in mind and make multiple posts where needed

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Please Post A Build Log

Also, if anybody comes up with an idea of how to encourage participation, let us know. Over on MSS we had a build of the month contest, but it kinda fizzled out after a few months. I'm even open to the idea of giving away prizes (bribes)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post

There is a 10 pic limit per post, so keep in mind and make multiple posts where needed
    Also, smilies are counted as images...so if you do 3 smilies in a post, you can only do 7 pics.

I set it up with a 10 pic limit because people tend to quote stuff when they reply, and there is no point in quoting a whole build log just to ask a question about one pic. I can change this later if need be...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Looks like I got a jump on it by starting mine a day or two ago

As for motivation for starting the build log...Every user who hasn't posted one gets the same avatar. Something horrible.

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe if I look thru enough of these, it will shame me into doing the new install

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

I need to condense my 60+ page build log spread across two forums into one that's worth reading.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/sh...e-ongoing-saga

Nothing has been done as of late..... I could re-post the civic for the one millionth time...

8. Back To Top    #8

I've figured out how to post pics now (thanks al). Now I just have to compile what I've got into something resembling order, and get it posted. I didn't know build logs existed until halfway through my current car, so I started taking pics then......soooo much is missing from my pic progression, I know ill be reamed for it. For now, it just seems to be hard to find time to get it together. Between the major overtime I've been working, and the constant summertime yard work......well, I'm just making excuses......but I'm not really a "computer Guy" either, I mostly moniter the forums on my break time at work. I'm never on my PC at home, if I can help it......

9. Back To Top    #9

Do we really want to put the most installs in here or MSS ?

10. Back To Top    #10

Reposts welcome? I can pull the more up to date stuff over here if so. I've not been updating mine on DIYMA simply because of how often it went OT. So I just stopped. I'm fine with picking it up here. I think build logs are valuable tools. I can't make anything pretty but documenting the personal tuning/install trials and tribulations is something that I find most benefit from.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/