Thread: Where do I even begin?!?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Where do I even begin?!?

Ok so my vehicle was recently totaled during the Great Flood, and insurance not only paid my truck off but landed me a nice chunk of change. My new truck (2011 Silverado Crew Cab) has a horrible system, and I decided to completely update everything. So I did a bit of deal searching and bought a bunch of stuff that I think meets my needs. I'm no audiophile ...just want some good sounding slap.

▪(2×) 10" Kicker Comp RT subwoofers
    ▪Custom Dual 10" Down-firing Box (under back seats)
    ▪Kicker KX800.1 Mono block amp
    ▪KXRC Remote bass knob
    ▪Raptor 4 AWG wiring kit
    ▪Alpine KTP-445U, 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier
    ▪(4×) Alpine SPR-60, 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-way Type-R speakers
    ▪Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS, 7" DVD Receiver
    ▪Best Kits BAA20, Aftermarket Antenna Adapter
    ▪PAC OS5, OS-5 Radio Replacement Interface with OnStar Retention
    ▪PAC SWI-RC, Steering Wheel Control Interface
    ▪Metra AX-USB-MINIB, USB to MINI B Adapter Cable
    ▪MicroBypass Video in Motion Interface for Pioneer AVH-X Receivers
    ▪BOYO VTL17IR, HD Bar-Type License Plate Camera with Night Vision

The subs box came with a note attached saying:

"The box comes with 2 brand new Kicker CWRT 10" Subwoofers. They are each rated at 400 watts RMS and 800 watts peak. Both are dual 2 ohm subs. They will come mounted and wired up in the box. They come wired in series, so they get a 4-ohm load at each terminal cup. That will allow you to tie them together and get a 2-ohm final ohm load. That's the perfect ohm load for the amp.
    The amp included is a KX800.1 ...more of a pro series amp from Kicker. Produces cleaner power than other setups we offer and with 800 watts RMS and 1600 watts Peak, its perfect power rating for subs. The amp has every feature you could want. Adjustable Lo-Pass crossover, adjustable bass EQ boost, Subsonic filter, signal sensing (so you don't have to hook up remote turn on wire) and comes with a KXRC Remote bass knob."

Don't really know how I should hook it up to the amp to achieve this. I have never had to hook up so much stuff in my whole life. I mean, I've swapped out head units, speakers, etc. But never a full complete installation. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew haha. I need advice on where to begin and any tips on how I should do this project. I intend to solder/heat shrink all my terminations, install all the components, and really want a clean job I can look back and be proud on.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Where do I even begin?!?

I usually start with wiring...would also use a turn on wire

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome! One thing I can tell you is that you are in the best place you can possibly be for your situation! These guys are experts and geniuses when it comes to car audio, so I would start by starting a build log, post some pics of your ride and equipment, and start asking away. As you can see in the general discussion threads, I am currently the resident rookie and question asker. You may want to read a lot of the threads in that topic. It will give you a feel for some of the things you may run into, and you will also see how awesome these guys and gals are about steering you out of trouble. The more info you give them about your goals regarding SQ and/or SPL, the more pointed their answers will become to your situation. Good luck with your install!!!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

Dont be afraid to read the manual that came with your subs and amps. They actually tell you how to connect everything up. I know sometimes people have a stigma about reading instructions. lol
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts