Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Central/North AL GTG

Real Name
    Alan

Cool Central/North AL GTG

BigAl's Big Birthday Bash!

I would like to invite everyone over to check out the new garage, listen to some cool audio systems, hang out and cut up with your friends, and help me celebrate my Birthday. We will probably also have a pre-meet and tuning session the night before.

The place: My house in Hayden, AL (about 25 miles north of Birmingham)
    The date: Saturday, November 12
    The time: 9AM to 9PM

Optional things to bring:
    - your favorite demo music
    - a folding chair
    - a camera
    - Tools and tuning equipment
    - a friend
    - a canopy

I'm open for suggestions on what we can get for lunch. I'm leaning towards barbecue, but grilling is an option.

I hope to see you there!

2. Back To Top    #31

Re: Central/North AL GTG- Nov 12

any updates ?

3. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

1) Alan (BigAl205) 2015 Ford Explorer
    2) Chris (Hillbilly SQ) 2011 Ram Quadcab
    3) Erin (ErinH) 2006 Honda Civic Sedan
    4) Glenn (Glenn) 15 Ram
    5) Jason (papacueball) 2011 Dodge Charger
    6) littlemissGTO (Shauna) Boeing 737
    7) Eric (EeeDeeEye) 2016 Mustang GT
    8) Paul (PaulD) Honda Accord
    9) Kelly (bigbubba) F150 Harley edition...maybe

Jose (AccordUno) was talking about coming also

4. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Jon said he'd try to make it if he ain't too wore out from being on a flying sardine can for an inhumane number of hours.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Hmm! Will see if my Mrs will let me out for another weekend. If so and I can get my ducks in a row (and maybe me pillars flocked cuz they're fugly), I'll bring the old beast down. 6 hour drive ouch
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

6. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Hope you make it Scott. We won't think any less of you if you don't get the pillars dolled up. Just the nature of the hobby and it's fun looking at rides in various levels of progress. Get a good tune on it and let the cards fall where they do. Oh, 6 hours for you? It's 6.5 hours for me from Arkansas. Only about half as bad as driving to NC! This will be my pig's last showing before it gets retired. I'll be pulling the system out as soon as I get back from Bama. A 2014 or 2015 Grand Cherokee will be taking its place.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #36

Chris, you have had more cars than I have had systems since I've known you! lol

Scott, if you could make it down that would be sweet!
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

8. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Chris, you have had more cars than I have had systems since I've known you! lol

Scott, if you could make it down that would be sweet!
    Since I've known you in person, I've had two Rams. Since I've been on the forums dating back to 03 I've had two Rams, a Sierra, and a Silverado. Either way, I'm ready to be a lot more comfortable while in the drivers seat so it's time to get away from the Amish buggy rear axle. I've driven a live rear axle vehicle exclusively since 2000ish. My Ram rides leaps and bounds better than my three single cab short bed trucks, and s-10 Blazer. And noticed A LOT less driver fatigue in the Ram. Bet I notice the same amount of difference going from a Ram to a Grand Cherokee. If they ride as good as the new Durango I test drove I'll be tickled to death. The GC just makes more sense to me for some reason. A conversation with my insurance agent helped with the decision...

9. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Hmm! Will see if my Mrs will let me out for another weekend. If so and I can get my ducks in a row (and maybe me pillars flocked cuz they're fugly), I'll bring the old beast down. 6 hour drive ouch
    It would be great to see you again Scott... I didn't get a chance to hear your Civic at Jasons GTG.

10. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Cmon down, Scott!

11. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

My truck is rocking stock minus the dd headunit in the dash. End of the month and if it checks out I'll be getting a great deal on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited. Black with tan leather interior. Let's just hope they don't try to screw me on my trade. Hadn't planned on trading until after the meet but you know how things go. It has the U-connect 8.4 with factory sub so might hunt down the factory amp and see what I can do with the stock speakers run and processed by my c-dsp and 800/8. Got some Noico mat on the way per Glenn's recommendation and 150' of NVX 16g silver tinned ofc. Looks like I'll be getting a JL Fix on the way PDQ! Maybe I'll have time to get the doors deadened and wire run. Might be doing some last minute installing at Al's.