Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this tool provided me motivation!

1. Back To Top    #1

this tool provided me motivation!

I've been sitting on a pair of 8" midbasses for a long time. They are practically new, only ran for a few months in a previous car........when I got my current ride, and started installing gear, of course I tried to get them in there........but lo and behold, I was gonna take major surgery to get them in there.........so,they collected dust while I ran some 6.5's simply because they fit. I knew I wanted the larger drivers in there, but lacked the motivation, and drive to cut on my ( then) new car. Well the new started wearing off, but with perfectly functional midbasses already installed, I couldn't get the motivation up to tackle the job.....enter this......

I had been working with a cheap (ryobi) jigsaw for years, I knew if I bought a nice saw, I would be excited to use it......it worked! The difference between this and my ryobi, is night and day. I love it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: this tool provided me motivation!

So, have you ever used a new tool for motivation?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

this tool provided me motivation!

Yup! I bought a new paint sprayer to get myself painting (which I hate) on Liam's race car bed.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sweet, nothing beats the right tool for the job, huh?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Efficiency definitely makes working a craft much more enjoyable.

I have a base model Black and Decker jigsaw. It gets the job done so I can't justify the purchase of a new one. I've been eyeballing a rigid jigsaw for a year now. What do you that this Bosch does so much better than your old model?

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

6. Back To Top    #6

Just all around beefier unit. So much more powerful than my 18volt ryobi. It breezes through 3/4 mdf like its butter. Also, it is so much easier to cut straight, don't know why, but it is. The little things help too, like the switchable blowing air on the blade, blowing dust from your cut line is awesome! The ryobi also had more trouble smoothly following arc lines.......the grip, everything, its like the ryobi was designed to cut, the Bosch to cut well, ya know?

7. Back To Top    #7

With the ryobi, it seemed to need constant corrections while cutting, the Bosch just goes where you tell it. Makes it soooo much easier. Wish I'd bought one years ago.....

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Agreed completely. Nothing motivates like a new handtool. And an upgrade, is always so much sweeter.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

9. Back To Top    #9

Werd.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

I also have the base B&D model jigsaw and I think the features you stated are pretty useful. Blowing dust from the cut line in particular. But the beefier construction and weight likely also helps with stability as well for straighter cut lines. I need to check out your build log and see pics of the new midbasses (there better be one btw)!