Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic Sony

1. Back To Top    #1

Magic Sony

Would love to know what has changed?

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...es-mainstream/

Still have Dyns I think - using Sony speakers is highly unlikely.
    HU only?

Kelvin

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Magic Sony

The yellow stripe and hearse-style curtains adds more essques

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

J.W. would never whore himself out for the likes of Sony. J.W. is better than that.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not gonna give that dude the time of day, but I will address the headunit because it's good timing....

I considered the sony deck myself recently. As in, still somewhat considering it but most likely not going to bother. I was offered it at a steal of a price (compared to MSRP, that is) from my buddy who says he loves the sound. I contacted some of my friends in the hobby (well to-do competitors who I know would be the type of guys to use any advantage they deemed useful). Both fellows basically told me to avoid it like the plague. In a nutshell, both said it sounds fantastic but the interface is horrible.

I've used it myself a couple times when I judge shows or give feedback and didn't find it too bad, but that was only a 10-20 minute session using media that was made available to me on a format available to me. If I had to deal with it daily, I think I see where they're coming from. But, of course, sometimes you just gotta try things out.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Not sure of the capabilities of the Sony unit but...
    Kenwood should be releasing their hi-res compatible unit soon too: http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dnx893s/
    Last edited by Truthunter; 07-05-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Can't spell

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

JW knows how to keep the dream alive.

7. Back To Top    #7

Funny stuff right there... Please continue

Kelvin

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Not sure of the capabilities of the Sony unit but...
    Kenwood should be releasing their hi-res compatible unit soon too: http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dnx893s/
    2-din Hi-Res :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link

Kelvin

9. Back To Top    #9

so is this forum amenable to constructive criticism of Jon Whitledge's promotion and/or marketing ideas, or should we (I) let this alone?

I'll forge forward, with a little nugget of dark metal hopefully by the end...

so Sony sucked their big chest in and blew out Jon Whitledge's "why not?" of an exercise, complete I am sure with some requisite compensation, assuming all is well in sound quality land? With all that promotional education/expertise now at Sony's disposal, is Jon a consultant, or an employee? I'd sure like that gig, I mean it's getting paid to display a sound-off vehicle to all sorts of industry insiders and promotional positive, types. What could be better? People not used to good automotive reproduction but well-versed in the wares of gimmick-draw natures, not able to call a spade a shovel, apparently...

so where does that leave us? certainly not up to the level of a full-on, all-in forum caricatures as death match contestants, but above the din of proportionally benign chatter, hopefully.

the concept vehicle being sold to Sony seems to me, pretty shrewd and I tip the cap, I am not so cynical to believe that I should take most of my past exercise, in judgement of Jon Whitledge, into account before giving him the benefit of the doubt, on THIS one...

and it's a "well-played" that comes to mind, how what was basically an entry-level hack attempt by an educated fellow turned into a polished jewel worthy of the consultant level status by a seasoned professional, and a tour of the country in between.

I dreamed of taking auto-sound into a 'next-level' experience, back when my head filled with future bright horizon-level gazes, glazes...

but here it's in live and living color, proof positive a rock star of auto sound being able to capitalize on home-spun phlebotomy, blood coming from oranges, people drinking from the fountain of "never happen" and still, I want to dream again, I want to take a project all the way out to a paid-in-full status simply by the showman's spiel and salesman's hubris, alas... I have little of either in my "development" to draw from, the fountain has cordons.

Bought and branded, the Magic Bus and it's owner are now legend.

10. Back To Top    #10

Now that it's a Sony vehicle, I'd like to hear it

Kelvin