Thread: Radian 508/2BC-8 (5208c) 8" Coaxial with Passive Crossovers

1. Back To Top    #1

Radian 508/2BC-8 (5208c) 8" Coaxial with Passive Crossovers

Info:
    I purchased this set of Radian coaxial speakers last week on eBay. I was considering using them in my car (yes, my car) but they're a bit too deep. So I'm selling them. Just looking to get out what I had in them. Here's the original eBay ad:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/291689112892...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These will cover 80hz all the way up with a nice coverage pattern and 95dB sensitivity (these things get loud!). Perfect to mate with a subwoofer for a nice compact home system or to try to put in your car if you so desire.

Here are the specs:
    http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/...ions-44924.pdf

USspeaker has them for sale here:
    Radian Audio 508/2B Coaxial Speakers - Radian 8" coaxial speakers. Radian 508/2B coaxial speaker - Radian 508/2B coaxial speaker handles 200 watts RMS. Radian 508/2B 8" coaxial driver is available here. Radian coaxial speakers.

They come with the original passive crossover and ceiling bracket (if you need it for some reason) as well.

Condition:
    These are in great shape. I've tested them both and all is well.

Asking Price:
    $290 shipped, CONUS. Paypal.
    Retail via USspeaker.com is $199/each speaker + $59/each crossover. So, about $520 for what I'm selling. Save $230.

Pictures:
    I can provide pictures if desired but put them back in the box. I did take one picture when I was bench testing them, so I've included that below. If needed I can take them back out of the boxes and get pictures, though.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Radian 508/2BC-8 (5208c) 8" Coaxial with Passive Crossovers

Being a compression driver, how is the dispersion?
    I wonder if these could be a solution for me in my shop. Basically a 2200sq/ft wide open room with concrete floor, and open rafters/trusses.
    It is a lot of space to fill with sound. And, I don't want "dead" or "hot" spots. High freq. dispersion will be pretty important.
    I generally don't like horns. But, I guess that is what the EQ is for, huh?
    I know my satellites with 1" soft domes are not cutting it. By the time I get it loud enough to enjoy over the shop noise, distortion is an issue.
    Even with ear plugs in (yes I wear ear plugs while working/jamming, LOL)
    How is the crossover build?
    What kind of enclosure do these things need to jam in?
    Last edited by wheelieking71; 07-27-2016 at 02:31 PM.

3. Back To Top    #3

The spec I linked in the OP provides all that info but here it is again:
    http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/...ions-44924.pdf

They provide a frequency response using the crossover in a 0.9 cubic foot enclosure. The response measurements I've seen indicate a good polar. That's why I bought them. But they're just too deep for my car and I am all set with my HT speakers.

4. Back To Top    #4

Too interesting too pass up. They look fun. How would you like paid Erin?

5. Back To Top    #5

PayPal works for me.

I'll PM you my paypal address.

6. Back To Top    #6

these are sold!