Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomokey

1. Back To Top    #81

Re: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomok

I installed the wiper harness yesterday, wipers work great now. The only thing left to do for the annual inspection is getting the horn to work. From there it's just convenience things, like dome lights, fuel gauge, cruise control, etc,..

The wiper switch mounted in the temporary dash panel.:

The harness running to the wiper motor:

I need to find a good way to secure it to the firewall. I think the best idea is to secure it to that piece of weather stripping at the top of the firewall. I really need to clean the engine bay...

The other day I found a couple leftover rolls of FatMat laying around. I bought it long before I head the big CLD test thread. I decided to throw throw it on the firewall:

I did make an audible difference in engine noise getting into the cab, but that is mostly from covering up a bunch of factory holes that I'm no longer using.

2. Back To Top    #82
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Re: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomok

Neutrik makes a connector for everything......

3. Back To Top    #83

Those are actually Switchcraft, they will last forever! They are made to be mounted in touring racks and get abused daily.

For some of the more obscure ones you have to go to their website and find the part number, then look them up on Amazon, Stillwater, B&H, or Adorama by the part number.

4. Back To Top    #84
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by LumbermanSVO View Post
    then look them up on Amazon, Stillwater, B&H, or Adorama by the part number.
    Someone has oldschool audio on their mind Sweetwater?

I managed to break the Neutrik USB panel mounts, I have them on my workbench, I think I got tangled up in a cable, can't really remember, it was either me or the dog.

I've been on an ethercon kick lately.. It's starting to annoy people around here.

5. Back To Top    #85
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Love the door lock switch
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #86

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Someone has oldschool audio on their mind Sweetwater?

I managed to break the Neutrik USB panel mounts, I have them on my workbench, I think I got tangled up in a cable, can't really remember, it was either me or the dog.

I've been on an ethercon kick lately.. It's starting to annoy people around here.
    I think they are great! In the final version of my dash they'll be rear mounted for a cleaner look.

7. Back To Top    #87
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

That dash looks out of a Mad Max movie. Its cool. +2 to the door lock switch.

8. Back To Top    #88

Great looking oldie!

9. Back To Top    #89

I just got back from setting up a tournament in Houston, I have a week off, then I'm on the road for 12 weeks. This is what I built in Houston:

Here I am(in the red shirt) building it:

I got home today and had a bunch of parts for a new PCV system on the Bronco. It took about an hour to install it. Luckily the new Moroso oil separator was able to fit in place of the breather on the driver side:

On the passenger side I'm using a factory PCV valve into a tee, then into the aftermarket oil catch can.

The output side of the catch can is going into a 135コ elbow and then under the body. This week I'll have the venturi welded into the exhaust and install the isolator.

10. Back To Top    #90

A made a quick video of the Bronco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8UkoSRkPIo

Just after making that video I went to the store and it suddenly puked a TON of oil everywhere. I can't find the source of this new massive leak. Oil is covering the entire left side of the engine, as well as most of the right side. The underside of it looks like I drove through oil puddles and it even on the rear bumper and tailgate.

I think I'm done with this engine, it's the factory engine with 170,000-ish miles on it. Time to figure out how best to replace it. Do I go for a stock rebuild? AFR heads? 408W with good heads? Finally swap in a big block?