Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomokey

1. Back To Top    #111

Re: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomok

My roomie called me mid-day yesterday in a panic saying that the Bronco had rolled into the street. She is over dramatic so I just told her to calm down, told my boss what was up and that I had to go home. Before leaving work I grabbed a wood block and my climbing gear.

When I got home the Bronco was halfway in the driveway and halfway in the street. Because the wheels were turned when parked, it had turned almost 90コ to the driveway when it stopped.

I grabbed some slings, carabiners, and rope from my climbing kit and hooked the Bronco to my roomie’s Jeep and used it to pull the Bronco back up the driveway, no problem. When it was back in the parking spot I put the wood block behind a tire, then went to remove the rope. The knots were going to be WAY too tight to untie, so I just grabbed a knife to cut the rope in half.

Well, I forgot to reset the parking Brake, so the Bronco rolled right over the block, down the driveway, across the street, and into another yard!

Fortunately, no one was around when that happened, and there was no damage to the yard. So we pulled the Bronco back into the driveway. This time I set the brake, chocked the wheel, and released the rope much more gently. I then setup a bunch of pulleys and used the Jeep as an anchor and used my Miata to pull the Bronco much closer to the garage.

Video: https://imgur.com/1ylMOS5

2. Back To Top    #112

Re: Meet Ol Smokey! I知 relatively new to this forum, but not new to car audio fomok

Quote Originally Posted by LumbermanSVO View Post
    Thanks!

Here is a picture of one side of the bed:

I built a cargo cover to hide this stuff until I can build new panels and sub enclosures. I have a plan to hide the amps better, but I want to wait until I get new amps.

I've also done the typical sound deadening things, and I also measured each step of the way.

The Off and Idle measurements are a little suspect. All measurements were taken with an iMM-6 with the phone in the same mount for each test.

I still need to do the firewall and tailgate.
    nice . It gave me an idea