Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Nashville / Southern KY First Annual Car Stereo Guy GTG - September 4, 2016

1. North Nashville / Southern KY First Annual Car Stereo Guy GTG - September 4, 2016

OK, I'm going to have a little get together at my house / shop. When I first joined this forum many years ago I went to one of Erin's GTG's and I still have friends from that event to this day. It's time for me to pay that back.

This will be THE most casual event imaginable, I'm as laid back as they come so take a day, show up and meet some other fellows with similar interests and who knows where things will go from there. This is way outside my social comfort zone, so it will be interesting. If we have just a handful of guys then I would consider it a success.

Enough chit-chat, on to important things... like info about the meet

Where:

At my house 30 minutes North of Nashville TN - PM for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:

Sunday: September 4, 2016 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM
    It's the Sunday before Labor Day, this will give people that may travel time to get here and get back. It also gives me a day after, which I will enjoy.

Food:
    May get us some good bbq, or order pizza's, I can even do a little grilling if people want a burger or two.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (you are responsible for kids, we have a redneck pool if they would like to swim, again; it's on you to watch them)
    Your car / truck with or without anything you would want to share ( I currently have no car with anything of note installed, will have my sons MECA Street car there, I do have MANY shelves full of stuff for all of my cars... and enough stuff for 8 other cars if you would like to see that)
    Some auditioning CD's or another music source
    Folding chair
    Drinks of choice if you need something besides Kroger water, JK, I'll get some random sodas - other stuff is up to you

Build log of shop we'll be primarily gtg'ing in...
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...audio-use.html

Sons car build...
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...vic-coupe.html

I've got all kinds of test equipment and tools if we need to dig into anything, or make something. Looking forward to it.

Will have some Sound Deadener Showdown sample packs to give away in a raffle.

Current list of attendees: (add yourself if for sure)
    Name (Screenname) - Car - State if you want

1) Jason (imjustjason) - 06 Cadillac STS, 03 S10 Xtreme, 92 Typhoon - TN
    2) John (imjustjohn) LOL - 15 Civic coupe - TN
    Last edited by imjustjason; 07-07-2016 at 02:17 PM.

2. Back To Top    #11

Re: North Nashville / Southern KY First Annual Car Stereo Guy GTG - September 4, 2016

5 days!! Button 'em back up, at least get them playing.

3. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: North Nashville / Southern KY First Annual Car Stereo Guy GTG - September 4, 2016

I'll be there, but not sure what we'll be listening to

4. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jose
    Vehicle
    VW Passat Wagon

I just pulled my 8s last night and found I have water coming into the car on the left side. Great.. so I need to chase that down and refinish that molds for the 8s so I can have grills that are countersunk the same way my mids are in the pillars, so my new MidBass don't get kicked in especially going into the last few shows before finals

5. Back To Top    #14

Hate to do this, but I'm out.

My brother texted me last night that he is coming to visit for the weekend without his wife/kids specifically so we can go do our own thing. I only see him once or twice a year so I'm gonna have to bail on the meet.

I'm bummed I won't be making it because I was looking forward to seeing my buds! But I'm happy my bro and I will get some time to hang out. You guys take plenty of pics for me! Maybe play a couple Tears For Fears tracks in my honor. LOL
    Last edited by erinh; 09-02-2016 at 03:41 PM.