Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holy shit! LA has there own TN/GZ case now!

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Holy shit! LA has there own TN/GZ case now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
    The case with the guy at my daughters bedroom window is pretty cut and dry. The intent to me is clear enough.

The one with the guy in the car is harder. For two reasons: the law won't always be on your side and you concocted a case with a lot of gray areas and I value life the willingness to take someone's life should always be a last resort, but not at the risk of losing your own.

But in either case a tazer would be a sufficient tool to properly diffuse the situation and detain the intruder until the authorities arrive. Now I'm sure you can add some variable that would render the tazer useless as well. So tell me, what would you do? And how do these scenarios compare with some punk that simply jumped your fence?

When I was a kid we played neighborhood wide hide seek games and jumping fences, running through yards was part of the fun. Kids do dumb shit.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!
    I don't know what I'd do, it would depend on the amount of adrenalin running through.

I would have the gun out and ready, so either perp would know that they were in jeopardy.

And, if you pull a gun you should be ready to use it, but here you aren't being attacked, you're making a judgment call as to intent.

The robber, you can expect to run but what if they come towards you, do you have the ability to shoot a moving target in time, and do you allow any room for error?

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

I don't mean to sound cocky or naive. But I am confident in my marksmanship abilities. Especially at distances less than 30'.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

It would appear that everyone forgot about the foreign exchange student shot and killed outside the home in Baton Rouge. Exactly what happened to the homeowner in that case again? Look up the Yoshihiro Hattori case when you get a chance.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I'm in Texas. I have the right to protect my home, my family AND my possessions. A few years ago, guy shot a dude in the back running from his friends car and got off.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Holy shit! LA has there own TN/GZ case now!

The idea to not shoot someone over material possessions (short of those possessions necessary for life, water, food, shelter..) is more of a personal morality thing than a legal one.

In fact if I didn't have a family to care for, I'm not sure I would kill someone to save me own life. It's when you endanger those I care about that you rattle my cage.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

Post hurricane Gustav I had an attempted home invasion and I didn't shoot my would be intruders. I figured them staring down the other end of an AR-15 with a surefire attached to it was more than enough. The two beating on the door took off running and their driver ran over my neighbor's mailbox with his Nissan Sentra.

The real sickening part is both my cars were at other locations due to a tree falling and only my current wife's, then girlfriend's, car was there... I wonder what those punks had on their mind since they obviously didn't think I was around? Also, the fact that they were literally beating the hell out of the door after midnight when the electricity was out still confuses me... One of the guys did yell "wrong house" before he pissed and shit himself, as well as tripping over the other person, then taking off running.

Lastly, before anyone cries racism, they were ALL white!

7. Back To Top    #27

I'll blast a fool if it's me or them, no issues.

that thing about killing, not all that much of an influence on me. Afterwards I'm sure I'd be screwed up by it, maybe end up in some psychiatric ward for a few weeks.

but then they fix you up, you do a little behavior modification or whatever, lick some stamps, and get on with it. I mean, group?

sounds like a good time, a captive audience, lol..

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Pretty much white in the sticks..... White-trash meth-heads.

And I live 3 miles from a good Anhydrous Ammonia facility, so they run thru my woods.

The amount of times the cops have used my quad has PAID for all the maintenance.

I'm coo wit dat.

9. Back To Top    #29

Damn you Yanks are lucky.A guy breaks into your house and you can grab a pistol from the nightstand and whack him on the spot no questions asked.Being Canadian,it would be a hell of a lot less trouble to just let him kill me even though I`m a fire arm owner,former military and keep a fucking katana under the bed.Up here all firearms must be kept in locked approved cabinets WITH trigger locks and the ammo MUST be stored in a separate room or else.You know,just in case you might need it in a hurry.You are also subject to random warrantless inspections and God help you anything is amiss.Shoot someone in self defense?Prove you life was in danger.Or else.If he`s a visible minority you`re pretty much fucked.Ah yes,you must also take an approved firearms course before you can purchase an itty bitty .22 ,or ammo for it.Want a hand gun?Good luck with that.It can be done but it`s not easy.Want an "assault rifle" like an ar15?No chance.I hope you guys appreciate what you have in your second amendment and manage to hang on to it a while longer.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

How could that be? So many people think that Canada is the land of milk and honey.