Thread: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

1. Back To Top    #201
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    I've read that for dodge vehicles you might need this adapter:

http://www.jlaudio.com/fix-lsa-car-a...essories-98124
    I was going to mention that. Apparently newer Chrysler (and many other brand) vehicles have started introducing circuitry that shuts down amp channels if it sees no load. It can cause many odd issues, like no output, or a pop when it turns on, sees there's no load and shuts back off, etc. Something to do with the new Class D amps they're using.

Audiocontrol also makes a piece called the AC-LGD that shows the amp a load.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-9qrWiS...ol-AC-LGD.html

We just had a Scat Pak 392 Charger in the other day and used an Audio Control LC6i (cust owned from previous car) to combine signal to try and get a full range signal. It worked miserably. We even swapped in an LC8i and it wouldn't combine signal either. Had to combine the front doors and rear deck to get a full range signal, but whenever we introduced the dash speakers into the mix, it went sideways. Glad to see you got yours figured out.

A friend works for Alpine and knows a guy who worked on the audio systems in those cars. When he asked where to get a good signal in that car, the guy just laughed.

Jay

2. Back To Top    #202
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    It can cause many odd issues, like no output, or a pop when it turns on, sees there's no load and shuts back off, etc.

So When he asked where to get a good signal in that car, the guy just laughed.

Jay
    Class d equals on or off last I knew. Bit of a bummer, try ab amplifers is all I can think of.
    Last edited by Hic; 04-16-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #203
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

No, they're using Class D from the factory. Even in the radios now, in a lot of cars. If they have external amplifiers, many control crossovers/volume/balance/fade in the factory amplifier. You need those load resistors to show a load to the factory radio/amp so it doesn't shut off channels (or shut down completely because it thinks something is wrong.) You can't really grab signal before the amp (in this case) unless you're Pocket5s and can write custom software to control the volume from the factory knob to control your signal processor volume. lol

Jay

4. Back To Top    #204
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Engineering
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #205
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

That's how we installers feel about it as well, lol

Jay

6. Back To Top    #206
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Yup yup, was worried I'd need those load sensing adapters as well, but figured what the heck, might as well try it out. Can't be any happier to be honest with this setup. I mean, you know, once it's tuned should be a lot happier, but even now, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the struggles before.

Had a few family members take a listen today, and they all agreed it's the best sounding setup I've ever had. One of our nieces wanted to know how I got a guitar inside the dash (she was hearing bass guitar and couldn't figure out why it was coming from the middle of the windshield).

If anyone is on the fence about these NVX X series, just go ahead and lean that way. They truly are amazing. Remind me so much of the Morel setup in our Ram R/T a few years back, which was similar. Hybrid Ovation 6 woofers and MT22 tweeters, with a single Ultimo SC 12" subwoofer. The NVX tweeters are just so smooth, have that similar attack on percussion, very detailed, with ambiance. The woofers have so much presence to them. Had only one track so far where I could localize the driver's side, but again, have zero EQ and super minimal time alignment. Only level matching I've done yet is to turn the treble down on the factory head unit because the tweeters definitely overpower everything else. Higher efficiency and reflections from the windshield, no biggie. Better to have too much than not enough, right?

The subs too, wow. They just blend right in. And loooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.... oh my. They definitely let you know if there are any low lows in a recording. But again, never pulls to the back.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #207
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I had a cd recorded from record and I loaned it to someone and some who heard it asked: where's the record player ?

8. Back To Top    #208
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Latest updates regarding this build...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171216_112426.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	304.8 KB 
ID:	6308

Name:	20171216_112413.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	6309

Name:	20171216_111601.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	295.2 KB 
ID:	6310

Challenger is back to stock. Moving on to another chapter.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

9. Back To Top    #209
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Trade in time?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #210
    Real Name