Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

1. Back To Top    #101

Re: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

Optical out at that point makes little to no sense Keep in mind it isn't "clean optical" as it has gone through a DA conversion from the factory to analog along with factory EQ. Then pulled in analog and "tweaked" to re-flatten as best they can to send back to an EQ to tweak again. It's certainly a solution, but not an ideal one IMHO; hence me not messing with my Chrysler product with the HK "uber audiophile" system. If I went that way, I'd do a stand alone audio system and leave the stock one there, save for probably pulling the sub to use the space.

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Quote Originally Posted by slade1274 View Post
    Optical out at that point makes little to no sense Keep in mind it isn't "clean optical" as it has gone through a DA conversion from the factory to analog along with factory EQ. Then pulled in analog and "tweaked" to re-flatten as best they can to send back to an EQ to tweak again. It's certainly a solution, but not an ideal one IMHO; hence me not messing with my Chrysler product with the HK "uber audiophile" system. If I went that way, I'd do a stand alone audio system and leave the stock one there, save for probably pulling the sub to use the space.
    I'd tend to agree. About the only reason optical here would be good is if you a) had the FiX up front near the oem amp and wanted to run optical instead of rca to the trunk DSP. or b) run the optical from the FiX to the JL TwK D8, which is optical in only and a little less expensive than the TwK 88 which has optical and rca input.
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

3. Back To Top    #103
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Agreed.. Just a heads up on that. A birdie told me the 'stand-alone' option as part of, or attached to a DSP will be coming soon from AF.. Like soon. Direct from device. In my eyes it'll be a Bit Play killer if it's firmware is done as well as I suspect it will be, given AF's typical responsiveness to bugs. Unfortunately if that's in proprietary HEC card in a Helix device, it won't be capable on a TwK or other brand DSP. Needless to say, if someone needs one, my Helix DSP is deployed now but with a screwdriver and about 10 minutes to pack, it's available for sale.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

4. Back To Top    #104
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    I'd tend to agree. About the only reason optical here would be good is if you a) had the FiX up front near the oem amp and wanted to run optical instead of rca to the trunk DSP. or b) run the optical from the FiX to the JL TwK D8, which is optical in only and a little less expensive than the TwK 88 which has optical and rca input.
    One toslink run would definitely be better/easier/quieter than RCA's from front to trunk, even if the signal isn't direct digital, so there's benefit there definitely.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    That is my reason right there ^^^ Planning to get the TwK D8 and just run optical input from the FiX 82 to the TwK D8. Then just short RCAs from the TwK D8 over to the amps. All that digital to analog back to digital then back to analog doesn't phase me at this point. Really want the factory head unit to stay. At this point, am just trying to find the, "best" way of retaining it, and still get decent results.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #106

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Agreed.. Just a heads up on that. A birdie told me the 'stand-alone' option as part of, or attached to a DSP will be coming soon from AF.. Like soon.
    Help my brain fart..... AF?

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Name:  AF.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  6.7 KB

8. Back To Top    #108
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Help my brain fart..... AF?
    These guys.. http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...x/?language=en
    Namely Helix, but also some fun stuff coming from Brax.. On a whole big level as far as DSP hardware is concerned. That'll be silly uber-SQ-excessiveness. But on the Helix side, new HEC module. So pretty much the quality of the signal transfer direct from device to dsp section is as good as what's physically capable from a USB run. I guess I'll be looking at finding a Civic dash kit to hack up for a tablet build.
    Last edited by Babs; 10-18-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

9. Back To Top    #109
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Name:  AF.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  6.7 KB
    Nope.. But I'd bet Andy is cooking up some DSP goodness that he won't even talk about until it's shipping to dealers. That would be big, considering his "whole car" philosophy as opposed to a 1-seat car.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

10. Back To Top    #110

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    These guys.. http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...x/?language=en
    Namely Helix, but also some fun stuff coming from Brax.. On a whole big level as far as DSP hardware is concerned. That'll be silly uber-SQ-excessiveness. But on the Helix side, new HEC module. So pretty much the quality of the signal transfer direct from device to dsp section is as good as what's physically capable from a USB run. I guess I'll be looking at finding a Civic dash kit to hack up for a tablet build.
    Yep, the P Six has had my interest all year (had a MK1 for a minute) as the all-in-one(ish) for stand alone audio. Would use media player direct to input, be it an iPod or iPad or alternative. Will have garage again in December, so watch out for the obsession to continue possibly next year.