Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

1. Back To Top    #131
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: 2016 Challenger R/T Plus

To lazy to experience the "joy" of the open road , but looking forward to the day when they can have a car that will automatically go to the place they say !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #132
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Well, ok. Small change of plans on the current inventory for subwoofer use. Found this baby on the local Craigslist, and picked her up this morning:

Ad was pretty basic, just said TC Sounds 15" Subwoofer - the guy knew it had a copper shorting ring and aluminum cone, and 4 ohm on the coil, but that was about it. Went ahead and grabbed it since I've always been impressed with their offerings. Turns out it should be a TC1000, which isn't a bad sub at all.

Does have one ding in the cone... but it's accessible from the backside. Might try to flatten that back out, or just say fuhgeddaboutit and realize it probably won't be the only one that cone ever gets. Come with that enclosure as well. Pretty solid, all MDF construction. Pounds pretty decent and digs quite low just from the 350 watts that DC500.1 is putting out. But, it seems like a sealed enclosure might be the way to go with this car. Going to experiment more in that direction when time allows.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #133
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Ding is not altering the sound so that you can notice it [ think to hard to perceive ]. Put something in the port or over it to see how sealed sounds , also you can put something inside it to take up space = Styrofoam, wood, bag of sand , et cetera .
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #134
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

You say you're not a dash mat fan, but sometimes you have to do things you don't want to for better sound and a dash mat is a cheap and easy way to help lock imaging into place better. The less bouncing reflections do around those hard surfaces the better. In my Ram the cluster hump would guide the sound either to the left of it or scatter it to the right. With the mat it just made everything sound more refined with a lot less glare. Just ordered an extra plush mat for the JeepI dealt with that pos cover king mat in my Ram for over 6 years because it made such a big difference and was too cheap to replace it. Spared no expense this time around. Oh, have you tried putting the tweeters in dash corner like I had them in my truck? I'd be concerned about a narrow stage with imaging cues being so far to the inside of the midranges.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #135
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    You say you're not a dash mat fan, but sometimes you have to do things you don't want to for better sound and a dash mat is a cheap and easy way to help lock imaging into place better. The less bouncing reflections do around those hard surfaces the better. In my Ram the cluster hump would guide the sound either to the left of it or scatter it to the right. With the mat it just made everything sound more refined with a lot less glare. Just ordered an extra plush mat for the JeepI dealt with that pos cover king mat in my Ram for over 6 years because it made such a big difference and was too cheap to replace it. Spared no expense this time around. Oh, have you tried putting the tweeters in dash corner like I had them in my truck? I'd be concerned about a narrow stage with imaging cues being so far to the inside of the midranges.
    I keep going back on forth on a reply, but will just say that your recommendations will be taken into consideration.

Would you want that enclosure for the 15"? Thought about bringing it to the meet if you'll be getting that ID sub. I'll have to figure out the tuning, but it looks to be about 2.75 or 3 cubes internal.

6. Back To Top    #136
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Spent about four hours in the car yesterday during a mini road trip, and can definitely say. This sub rocks! It's difficult to describe though, I mean it has output, but it's not loud? Like not obnoxious. Just clean clear, bass. Had to actually turn it down a bit as it was shaking the seat pretty harsh. Definitely a very low distortion subwoofer. Trittico, Fanfare for the Common Man, Pink Panther, that is some magnificent concert bass drum. Toccata and Fugue, whew. It digs way down there for sure. But then pop in some Korn and the bass is strong, very filling. Doesn't fizzle out or blat blat like some I've heard. Any metal with double kick drum, ohhh yeah. Even stand up bass plucks reverberate so naturally.

Very pleased to have picked this puppy up.

Now! Time to get this install cleaned up, and fabrication going!

7. Back To Top    #137
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Some goodies arrived today

Got them on eBay from their store. Supposed to be 'B' Stock, but I don't see the blemish they were talking about - CSS LD22C

8. Back To Top    #138
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I am glad you like them ! Sub must be soundin great for you .

9. Back To Top    #139
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

More goodies arriving:

10. Back To Top    #140
    Vehicle
    2013 fordcrew cab fx4 8 factory Sony shit system