Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

When using a Jasper Jig, I always clamp the workpiece and screw down the center scrap piece, that way nothing moves when it finally breaks thru

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Totally salvagable man! No problem at all. You got this. Keep on keepin' on. Wood putty, or even wood glue mixed with MDF powder. I call it, magic dust. Stir, sprinkle, spread it, and forget it! Oh, until sanding time.
    I bet I know where I can find some MDF dust.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    When using a Jasper Jig, I always clamp the workpiece and screw down the center scrap piece, that way nothing moves when it finally breaks thru
    Hell yeah. Good idea.

For baffle 2 I'll prolly rough cut the holes along with the outline and flush trim it out to match
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

4. Back To Top    #24

I do the same as al.....I screw down everything, lol. I'm just glad your router jump didn't sever anything from yer person......a router is a nasty unforgiving bitch........

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    I do the same as al.....I screw down everything, lol. I'm just glad your router jump didn't sever anything from yer person......a router is a nasty unforgiving bitch........
    Yeah no shit.. Same here. I was more mad I let it happen than anything to do with the damage to the piece. And that 1/4" spiral bit bastard was fully distended and ready to whoop somebody's ass. I'm glad it didn't take a turn at me. That crap shall NEVER happen again. Let the grip get limp while running, while probably cut through, while dickin' around with the stupid power cord. The plethora of things I did wrong were a perfect storm. In any case, trudging forward, and thinking how much fun attaching, and sealing is going to be.. Shoooooo!
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Glad you are safe, that's number one priority. Everything else that happened is just honing your skills
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

So glue and screw the baffle layers, or t-nuts?

I do have a whole bag full of "hurricane" nuts.. Not to crazy about those for a sub box because if one spins on you, you're screwed, but for just a baffle with access to it, no risk. Still, I'd imagine glue & screw would be preferred, once the baffle is done and ready to mount.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

8. Back To Top    #28
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

So in mean time I'll show a wire job I did a while back since I had committed to a big three. Got it cleaned up with a little custom "use whatcha got" for the battery hold down. This was some months ago. Love having scrap stuff around and rivnuts.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Very nice! I'd say glue and screw the layers too, and of course fill in the screw heads later to keep it all stealthy. Now, sub mounting? Machine screws and hurricane nuts. Yeahhhhhh baby
    Are you not entertained?!?!

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Funny I think in haste I ordered a standard 1/4" bit instead of an upcut. I think that contributed to the router boo boo. It should pull dust spiraling up I'd imagine. Looking at the bit I think it's shoving dust into the cut groove. Bad recipe. Gonna pick up a proper up-spiraling bit now.

Also plan is since I don't like the necessary gaps on the sides, doing a 2-piece 1/2 or 1/4" layer even in front. The struts are narrower than the plane where I intend to mount the baffle, I'm forced to be narrower left to right leaving roughly 1" gaps on each side, otherwise the single baffle won't go in.

If I do a front 2-pc (let's call it a beauty panel) split down the middle, I can install it easy and completely flush on each side for better/easier sealing.

So it'll be 1/4", 3/4" with sub attached, and 3/4" for second strength layer. Chamfer or round over the front 1/4" around the drivers nice. I think it'll work great. Learning curve continues.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Babs; 05-12-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log