Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

1. Back To Top    #321
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Wish the outside was as clean.

Oh and this minor major victory. Director idea turned out ok I think. Works nice.

And as excited about this little tool as I am the new frog drivers and doors and director.. AudioTools Transfer Function... Seems to be a pretty legit el cheapo alternative to a dual-FFT tool like Smaart or Systune. Nowhere near as slick but very usable. I was able to identify a major phase slope issue between subs and midbass that never would allow me to get it right because they'd only line up at an intersection of two lines with very different slopes. "One-note sub alignment" I'll call it. Erin and I shook our head with it at Jason's meet. I finally got the system back up to visually address it.. Real-time. Took delay adjusting, phase adjusting, crossover work, a 2nd order inverted APF even. But it's together. Aligned even better than this pic in crossover region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

2. Back To Top    #322
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Babs' 08 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Maybe you could write us up a tutorial on how you did it

I started a wiki a few years ago, and I need to get back on it.

3. Back To Top    #323
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Maybe you could write us up a tutorial on how you did it

I started a wiki a few years ago, and I need to get back on it.
    Actually once I get proficient I was thinking a good vid tutorial but I ain't there yet with the tool. I'd probably use terrible terms and incorrect statements that'd be more harm than good.

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

4. Back To Top    #324
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Does it just use the mic on your phone? I'll have to go look into it. Is there an android version?

Jay

5. Back To Top    #325
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    Does it just use the mic on your phone? I'll have to go look into it. Is there an android version?

Jay
    There is a program for Android with a very similar name, Audio Tool vs AudioTools, but I do not believe it has transfer function. I have it on my phone and tablet will take a look later, but 95% sure it does not.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #326
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post

Jay
    I'm using an iPad Air with a slick iPad audio interface Focusrite iTrack Dock and ECM8000 mic. There's a Nick Ames mic array in my future though. It can be used by iPad or iPhone either with built in mic, and will even do an internal loop reference without external interface, but it must use the app-driven PN generator for reference signal. This particular app is iOS only. There is a similar android app but not the same, nor same company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

7. Back To Top    #327

Would also be very interested in this...

Even a basic write-up?

8. Back To Top    #328
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Sorry guys I’d been neglectful on this thread. I’ll do some updates soon on a trunk build I have going. Doing a little amp swap.

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log

9. Back To Top    #329
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome back, brother!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

10. Back To Top    #330
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

It’s been a while yes. I still have this old car but she’s sitting in the garage for me to finally get this “little” amp swap done.

XD’s are out. I need to list them.. Two 1000/5v2’s. In going is a Z150.6-LX and Z400.2-LX. All else the same. Helix Pro-2, front stage unchanged, subs unchanged. Additionally, the 4awg run had to be upgraded so the battery has changed with a Stinger breaker, Knu terminals and 1/0 run to the trunk. An additional Kinetik AGM battery in trunk, pigtailed and fused off a new Audison combo distribution block. I have a Sparked Innovations relay box coming for relayed turn on leads etc because I’m thinking fans for this will be necessary.

I’ve embarked on an ambitious false floor over a spare tire keeping access to the spare by hinging the center amp area. Easily the biggest attempt by this DIY’er for sure. Center area will rest on two side pieces held by two 1/4” rivnuts each. I’ll likely secure the center down to those sides by a couple thumbscrews so it will lift on rear hinges in case of needing the spare tire.

I plan on a three section top cover held by magnets, and I would like to incorporate some fans somehow to move air through the amp area as I imagine these Z-LX Zapco’s may not care for an enclosed space. Maybe a perf metal top cover under carpet to vent heat.

I imagine I bit off a lot with this design, but the amps were too large for the spare tire area.

Some teaser shots:

2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log