1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Who here builds custom boxes?

Fiberglass after you pull back seat

Quote Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
    It's a crewmax so it has plenty of room but I have a 3yr old so he needs the back seat for all his stuff

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Las vegas

pm user lanson. He doesn't come here much, but he may do it, or know of someone local

3. Back To Top    #13

looked at Fox Box, pretty nice with a pair of 10's

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    These are good options, I have looked at them already tho. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think with the proper sub in a properly ported box could sound amazing for what it is, and by properly ported box I mean not the normal spec port. I'm meaning like a 4th order or a transmission line (Idk all details of these ports) but something that will be different from what is being sold by companies like these that come off the shelf. I'm interested in some 10" sundown subs from @HIC but I'm willing to do whatever will be best and easier to fit

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Fiberglass after you pull back seat
    That would make it possible to fit a deeper sub. But a good port is a must!! Do you think you can get the mounting depth on those sundown 10"subs you have? Also see if they have a hole on the bottom of the magnet ? That will tell me if it need more room for mounting depth for cooling or not

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sorry, missed this.

Did you get anywhere with this ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #17

Ok, I don't really want to do a trial & error thing to find the right sub setup. I have a 2016 Toyota tundra crewmax. The only place to put subs are behind the seat which as very little room. Alot of people are doing 2 jl 12w3-d4 shallow mount subs. I know there is a sub that can hit harder with the job available, I like the sundown subs but I can't find one that will fit. I'm even considering doing a DD 6.5" sitting sideways. Main thing is I assume that Ithink could sound better in a ported box. The main guy in the tundra world doesn't do alot of ported boxes but he can do them. But I still don't know if he can do what is needed, but I could be wrong.

I am also considering lifting the seat 2" to give more room at the bottom to be able to fit a different sub. I have also considered 2 or 3 of the most shallow sundown subs down firing to get a good hitting bass.

As you can see I'm basically all over the place, I amwilling to pay for a great setup. But I really dk what exactly can be done in the room available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for your time!

I usually gargle it first