Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CAF Project Jeep Build

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Re: CAF Project Jeep Build

Nicely done! Saw at the end you show some XT60's.. Will be interested in your take on them vs just some nice quality insulated quick connects.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

2. Back To Top    #32

Time to make some speaker adapter brackets for the rear sound bar!

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I was about to ask if you use an up-cut spiral bit, but you said it pulled the shavings down into the cabinet. Since the router is inverted, I'm assuming it is an up-cut?

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I was about to ask if you use an up-cut spiral bit, but you said it pulled the shavings down into the cabinet. Since the router is inverted, I'm assuming it is an up-cut?
    That would be correct Al. Be careful purchasing one though. Depending on the site, they may also sell double bearing flush spiral down cut.

Great video Mark. Thanks for sharing as always. Only suggestion would be to see if Rockford Fosgate can iron their shirts before sending them to you for use lol. Just messin! Real men don't own irons!
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by caraudiofab View Post
    Time to make some speaker adapter brackets for the rear sound bar!
    Thanks for posting these videos! I'm in the process of making speaker adapter baffles for my dash using the methods I've seen in your videos.

Can someone tell me where I can buy one of those over-sized bearings, to fit on my flush trim bit, as seen at the 4min point in the video? I have a craftsmen flush trim bit and I could not find an over-sized bearing like that at my local sears, hd, lowes. I'm going to need it for my door baffles.

6. Back To Top    #36

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Yes, up and down is always based on handheld application. You would know quick if you were using a down cut bit in a table because your work piece will want to lift out of your hands. Up cut pulls towards the router.

7. Back To Top    #37

Quote Originally Posted by bobditts View Post

Only suggestion would be to see if Rockford Fosgate can iron their shirts before sending them to you for use lol. Just messin! Real men don't own irons!
    Haha no irons here!

8. Back To Top    #38

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Thanks for posting these videos! I'm in the process of making speaker adapter baffles for my dash using the methods I've seen in your videos.

Can someone tell me where I can buy one of those over-sized bearings, to fit on my flush trim bit, as seen at the 4min point in the video? I have a craftsmen flush trim bit and I could not find an over-sized bearing like that at my local sears, hd, lowes. I'm going to need it for my door baffles.
    Checkout this kit, so flexible and can do so many things. This is always the first kit I recommend to people: http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/s..._Trim_Bit.html

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Great vid on amass XT60 connectors Mark! They're definitely great.

It's worth noting since those aren't patented there's a few companies making them. Some better than others. I look for that Amass branding, usually from the better hobby stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

10. Back To Top    #40

Built a test box!

If I am going to take the time to build an elaborate layered or fiberglass subwoofer box I want to make sure that the location I am planning on using sounds good. In this video I build a down firing sealed test subwoofer box that I will use in the Jeep build to test the location of my Subwoofer.