Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare OS Alto Mobile UCS Pro

1. Back To Top    #1

Rare OS Alto Mobile UCS Pro

This piece was WAY ahead of its time. Studio grade capabilities made for a 12 volt platform. Time alignment in increments down to micro seconds, all channels linkable, phase adjustment in 5 degree increments, noise gate, compression and a lot more. Comes with USB to RS232 cable as well.

Here is a link to one that was for sale on DIYMA and it has more detailed info on the features and a link to the software at the bottom of the listing.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/.../170098?page=1

Looking for $250 OBO.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rare OS Alto Mobile UCS Pro

Here is a description of the features I copied from another thread.
    Alto Mobile UCS PRO Processor I warn you now if you’re not a tweeker don’t even bother. Or maybe if you’re a masochist, to which I’d say go for it! The amount of flexibility and control can be overwhelming. This was in my wife’s car for a few years and is in decent condition. Please check out the software available for download below as well as the manual. The software can be run and manipulated without the unit connected to the computer so you can test it out now. Following are some basic specs: EQ: Two input as well as six output channels each with their own independent 5 band Parametric EQ. Types include Peaking, Lowshelf 6db, Lowshelf 12db, Highshelf 6db, Highshelf 12db and Notch. Band width adjustment starts @ .05 to 3 octaves in .05 steps. Gain of +15 -15 in .5db steps. Frequency adjustments from 15.6Hz to 16K Hz. And this doesn’t have that Alpine crap of putting the EQ points too close together. There is also a provision to instantly defeat each EQ band. Time Delay: Two input as well as six output channels each with their own independent delay control. Ganging the channels is available. Delay can be adjusted in as fine as increments of 21 Microseconds. Also allows you to adjust the delay in millimeters, microseconds and meters. Further you can adjust to compensate for ambient temperature. Gain: Two input as well as six output channels each with their own independent gain control. You can gang the inputs as well as the outputs. Range is +6db to -30db in .5db steps. The outputs also include a Mute function for each channel. Phase: Each output channel has its own fully adjustable phase control. One adjustment is for 180 deg out; the other is 180 deg in 5 deg steps. This allows for 365 deg control! Crossover: Each output channel has its own fully adjustable High and Lowpass crossover. Filters include: Butterworth type with 6dB, 12dB, 18dB or 24dB per octave slope Bessel type with 12dB, 18dB or 24dB per octave slope Linkwitz-Riley type with 12dB, 24dB or 48dB per octave slope Signal pass through as well as ganging is available. Adjustments from 15.6 to 16K Hz. Note if using the L/R48db you are limited to only two bands of EQ on that channel. Memory: There are 64 separate memory locations each nameable. Noise Gate: Input channels include separate Noise Gates. Controls as follows: Threshold -60db to +8db, Attack .5ms to 100ms, Range -80db to 0db, Release .01seconds to 4 seconds. Compressor/Limiter: Never used this. Please see the manual/software for a better description. Though it does have clipping indicators that I used for initial setup. Here is a Tech Brief from Alto: Compression

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

What OS does the software that runs that thing work with?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    What OS does the software that runs that thing work with?
    Sorry about the late reply. I've used it on Windows 7. I'll try it on Windows 10 and see if it works.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

If it works on 7 then it should work on 10 providing that 10 has the drivers needed for the serial port or serial adapter.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Don't put too much effort into it for me.

As old as it was I was assuming (I know what that does) that it would only run on Win 95 or XP.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #7

A few screen shots.

8. Back To Top    #8

Drastic price drop. $150 shipped!

9. Back To Top    #9

Bump

10. Back To Top    #10