Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: banned from DIYMA

1. Back To Top    #61

2. Back To Top    #62

Re: banned from DIYMA

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    No, no, now don't get me wrong.....you don't have anything as of yet to apologize for, and no necessity to forgive anything or anyone.......just rise above the funk the banning has you in and realize that moving on doesent consist of you taking shit, or kissing anyone's ass as it is way too out of charactor. I said remain cajunner, just know most folks who aren't accepted over there have all had their initial bitch session, and gotten it out of their system.....I'm hoping you do the same. Like I said before there is no battle to be won here, no reason to preach the downfalls of another site on one created as a result of folks outcast or unwelcome on the forum in question. If you feel that the banning was a plot, or an unfair witch hunt, so be it, it has been stated, I don't feel its healthy to your acceptance in newfound territory to rehash and battle it out with any parties, influential in the matter or not, here with this crowd. Your presence has been openly accepted, fouls of past abandonment voiced, we all know how you feel about it, I'd simply leave it at that. Provoking arguement here and sparking adversaries into going to verbal battle is not as healthy for your relationships here, as I know your challenging thoughts and thought provoking questions on other matters could be. That's the cajunner I think we'd all enjoy having here......
    I am good people too, even if my views are sometimes impolite, or controversial in their blunt alacrity.

and I get that the good people here are not invested in my plight, and have not pushed very hard against status quo boundaries, it's sort of like how freedom of speech is challenged by reporters.

the normal routine of a forum shouldn't be comprised of a single poster's reward/loss ratio, bye the byte.

that's the part of sam3535's post I understand and I am truly indebted to his voicing his stance, that nobody wants to read this shit.

so I do this as an imposition on the good people of this site, I bring my grievances above the considerations of well-meaning types here who'd prefer none of the dirt soils the ground here.

And I apologize for being so selfish and self-serving, in advance of any new trajectory spun off from those who would direct barbed arrows my way.

When ErinH did his "moderating" by thumbs up pronouncement, I was debased, I was appalled that he'd extend his hand to smite me.

I fell into a deep depressive episode and remained silent until I was shaken from it by his statement of his "getting out" of car audio.

It might be utterly preposterous to believe someone doing something to someone else on the internet warrants real life considerations, but hey, you probably don't know how far down-spiral I have traveled in my relative circumstances.

so I feel some lifting of my spirit with each opportunity to be made, if not whole, then something positive added.

and of course this is the internet, and nobody ever takes the internet seriously, but then sometimes someone does.

thanks for your well-intent, claydo.

I'm grateful that you interceded before the poisoners and the vipers struck in this accumulation, this morass I have been misrepresented and maligned upon by actors of malcontent.

3. Back To Top    #63

Hey friend, the best cure for depression and the downtrodden is to genuinely let go and make it party time, lol. At least it works for me, sometimes we all struggle to see the light in our day to day, the one common factor to all of it is our outlook, if yer outlook is the only piece in yer control, change that shit, even if it's fake, eventually you forget yer pretending and start to have fun. So.......we've got a good group here, but traffic isn't what you're used to for sure, but I feel you could help that.......go start a thread my man, and enjoy this joint!

4. Back To Top    #64

If the internet is causing this much stress you need to take a break.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
    they altered the total.

I had about 9700 registered forum posts, that wasn't including off-topic. I diddled a lot in off-topic subject matter, and my posts are normally not short, or put another way, each post had density in proportion to the little quips that chad liked to interject. I believe my post density surpassed that of ErinH by a large margin due to his having to answer a lot of yes/no type questions about his build/Klippel/competition, etc.
    And I have not been there actively in years. I was fully unaware that post or word count was a dick measuring contest.. But since we are tooting our own horns here I'd like to add that I spent a lot of time using my experience in the audio industry helping others. AND having a good time with quips. I chose to leave when knowledge in general was no longer acceptable to their cousin's friend's boyfriend's new theory on wire twisting and there became a stalker mentality with PM's. Even after shutting PM's off for at least a year before leaving, it was still stupid with stalkers.

6. Back To Top    #66

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
    even he states that he banned me just to not have to reply to reported posts. No way did I get a warning, now why is a ban hammer the only tool a moderator chooses to use?

how poor an excuse is that? How contrived, that the best defense available is "you're too much work, so you go" instead of some form of communication, any kind... a note, a PM, a simple "strike one" or whatever, I think that it's totally bogus and the moderator who drove so hard on a ban button was certainly pocketed by outside influence.
    Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhttt!? I banned you because I was lazy. I banned you, for 30 days, as the warning you keep bringing up because the masses were complaining about YOU. It was YOU that decided to bypass that banning and log in under another account, that is what got you permanently banned by another, much less lenient than myself, moderator. The end result is YOU are at fault here. Take the other gentleman's and advice and stop playing the victim.

7. Back To Top    #67

Quote Originally Posted by dejo View Post
    I got a lifetime ban at deema back in like 2009! still not lifted and apparently will never be lifted
    You don't show as being banned anymore? Have you tried it lately?

8. Back To Top    #68

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    And I have not been there actively in years. I was fully unaware that post or word count was a dick measuring contest.. But since we are tooting our own horns here I'd like to add that I spent a lot of time using my experience in the audio industry helping others. AND having a good time with quips. I chose to leave when knowledge in general was no longer acceptable to their cousin's friend's boyfriend's new theory on wire twisting and there became a stalker mentality with PM's. Even after shutting PM's off for at least a year before leaving, it was still stupid with stalkers.
    sorry to hear that, chad.

I didn't get enough PM's, stalker mentality never fell upon me, funny... for sure, could have used a few from the up aboves who deemed it a thing, apparently, to not send out warning shots... I wasn't really going for dick-size, mostly just an indicator of the expanse of bandwidth dedicated over time.

I wasn't normally flippant, or throwing out inane jibber jabber, not my bag.

I remember many of your excellent posts, and I never deigned to subordination any thoughts about your audio knowledge, also not my bag...

9. Back To Top    #69

Quote Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
    Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhttt!? I banned you because I was lazy. I banned you, for 30 days, as the warning you keep bringing up because the masses were complaining about YOU. It was YOU that decided to bypass that banning and log in under another account, that is what got you permanently banned by another, much less lenient than myself, moderator. The end result is YOU are at fault here. Take the other gentleman's and advice and stop playing the victim.
    let's examine your thought process, since it's being confined to just this thread and Al seems to have made allowances for this, hey Al, if us hashing out some of this is beyond the pale, would you have the heart to not ban me and maybe warn me first...

so okay.

You banned me for 30 days. No warning. You may consider that a warning but from here it's being shot in the gut. So all those posts where I was reported, you're going to say that it was not too much for you to drop me a PM? You're just too busy apparently with those other mod duties? Something that affects a man's day to day in such a way that he can't make classifieds sales, see most posted pictures and images in important builds, or interact with his online people, what could possibly exasperate a soul to such an extent that he can't be a moderator and moderate?

What was the nature of the reported posts? Where is the offenses, how did you judge them, did you think that nobody else needed to be a second chair in order to ban me, or is it that you wanted to get some of that dust off the ban button for when someone needed it?!

NO, that was no warning. Being banned out of the blue because "3 out of 4 reports were about you" seems to me ample enough time to send out a warning.

In my altogether mundane, albeit regular world I see a banning for 30 days as a dire and drastic measure intended for the most heinous of infractions.

speaking of infractions, I saw where others get them, what was so special about me that you had to take me down without rustling the underbrush, am I that much of a trophy?

One shot one KILL.

So about the lazy, you first told me that I was banned because... shit, I'm not good at going back and...

"Cajunner.

I banned you for 30 days because 3 out of 4 reported posts were yours and I got sick of dealing with it. You got kicked permanently when you decided to create another account."

How is anyone going to construe that. You got sick of dealing with it. What were you doing, finagling with the people who were reporting me? And how exactly am I supposed to know this is going on? What would be the tell, some leaves rustling in the grass outside, a stranger is about to shoot you in the head in the cyber village you live?

This does not seem fair.

If you were able to fight with those who were reporting me, what makes it okay to leave me in the dark about it?

I certainly would have quit any of the behavior I was being reported on, IF I HAD KNOWN.

So if you want to skate off into the sunset feeling pretty about your ban on me for the first, those 30 days, you're going to have to play more fairly than that.

It's CRAZY to believe that a 30 day ban is a warning.

People expect some kind of back and forth before they get their heads chopped off.

10. Back To Top    #70

TL;DR. Sorry man, not getting sucked down into your cesspool of BS.