Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Sound competition

1. Back To Top    #111
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Sound competition

I've got one for y'all at comps and g2g's. Try dodging the "what do you have" questions and let them hear the system first. Then after getting their feedback with an additional attempt to find out what you have behind those pretty grills ask them if it really matters what speakers they were listening to. This should be followed with a brief laugh and a full equipment list. The tune and install will make or break a system. It's easy to determine how a system sounds before ever hearing it. That's why I try my hardest to listen first, ask questions later if I don't already know what they have installed.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #112
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

I scored a 209 in IASCA with an OEM system. That got the judge to thinking...

3. Back To Top    #113
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

What would the score be if you used expensively-named grilles on cheap drivers?

4. Back To Top    #114
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

With this judge not any more, he is pretty honest in every assessment I have ever seen. With some others you never know.

5. Back To Top    #115
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I wonder how much better my stuff would sound if I put stickers of the latest boner speaker brand on the truck? If all goes as planned I'll have way less than $100 in the speakers that get run at the next g2g I attend. Should be fun. If I can't get the sound up to my standards due to not enough acceptable usable bandwidth I might replace the tweeters that came with the set and run Morel tweeters with the woofer.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #116

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I wonder how much better my stuff would sound if I put stickers of the latest boner speaker brand on the truck?
    Guess that depends on how much YOU care about the sticker.

No judge has asked me what brand speaker I use. Ironically, the only ones who know are the folks at GTGs since they see build logs. Most judges aren't on the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

7. Back To Top    #117

I have to say as well that most of the judges that actually judged my car but don't know me never asked (or cared) what was in the car.

8. Back To Top    #118

I wish it was the same over here...
    Nick

9. Back To Top    #119
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

There is a spot at the top of the IASCA score sheet for you to list what you have.

10. Back To Top    #120

Sound competition

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    There is a spot at the top of the IASCA score sheet for you to list what you have.
    Not on mine from Finals. I just checked. There's car make and model. There's also a spot that says "source unit used". That's it.
    Maybe that went away with their new electronic version or maybe it's only for the install sheet?

I'd attach a picture of it but it has my address. I don't want that floating around freely.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/