Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Paula Deen

So, did she ever say it on the air or in front of Food Network management or employees? Did anybody from Food Network complain? Would you be upset to lose your multimillion dollar empire because some bitter ex-employee brought up stupid things you said in private?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    So, did she ever say it on the air or in front of Food Network management or employees? Did anybody from Food Network complain? Would you be upset to lose your multimillion dollar empire because some bitter ex-employee brought up stupid things you said in private?
    THAT RIGHT THERE!!! If you work in the restaurant biz you better have some thick fuckin skin. I have said things so off color or in poor taste when telling jokes, I have threatened lives, I have degraded, I have even made a grown woman sit in the middle of an expo line and cry like a little school girl. THERE IS NO CRYING IN RESTAURANTS!!!!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Hey, I'm of the notion that it's at a point where it's reverse racism now. But that said, we're not in the public eye all the time and under scrutiny. We dont have umpteen different television shows (family oriented programming) on which our image is that of a squeaky clean mother/grandmother sharing family recipes. In her position, appearance and integrity are key. Just like when Tiger Woods, or Marv Albert, or any other celeb does something boneheaded, they are going to lose endorsements and sponsors adn money because of it. When you're in the public eye, you've gotta be smarter than that. She wasn't.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The thing is, she made the remarks before her stardom. How do you get fired today for something you said years ago?

6. Back To Top    #16

Hard to say when those things were said, she grew up in the 50/60's when much of the country (especially the south) was racially segregated. Sometimes it can be hard to unlearn things like that.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    THAT RIGHT THERE!!! If you work in the restaurant biz you better have some thick fuckin skin. I have said things so off color or in poor taste when telling jokes, I have threatened lives, I have degraded, I have even made a grown woman sit in the middle of an expo line and cry like a little school girl. THERE IS NO CRYING IN RESTAURANTS!!!!
    I think we should listen to Dave Ramsey here!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Gordon Ramsay?

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    Gordon Ramsay?
    Yeah that guy!

Dave Ramsey gives good financial advice though. We should listen to him too!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Gordon Ramsey is the nastiest man in a kitchen next to the guy I apprenticed under. I had plates, soup terrines, pans and utensils thrown at me for three years and kept comi g back day after day. I was burned on purpose, almost stabbed thru the hand and hit across the knuckles when my knife cuts werent perfect and that was all on Monday morning!

My first day as an apprentice I was given a box of red onions, a box or red and a box of green bell peppers and given very specific instructions on how to cut them. Chef came thru with a ruler to make sure they were all the same and if they werent it was ugly. When I finished all if those he gave me a 50# bag of potatoes to peel and I was working next to an old potato peeling machine. I thought it wasn't working since it wasn't plugged in and 2 hrs later when I was done and my shift was over he came over and there was a potato with some skin left on it. Rather than yell at me he plugged in the machine, turned it on and cleaned the potato. He walked away laughing at me calling all kinds of names and said I expect you here at 6 am tomorrow morning ready to work. It was 3 long years but I learned more there than I have anywhere else and will be forever grateful to the rotten nasty mother fuckin pos son of a bitch.