Thread: Bit ten/Ten D questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

Bit ten/Ten D questions...

I am seriously considering getting a bit Ten or Ten D. Now quick first question, Can I run the Ted D without the AV bit In for digital and just run it off RCA input output like the regular bit Ten? I ask cause I may be able to get it for a mere 40-50$$ more than a bit ten and DRC. (ten D comes with the DRC)

Will running it with the av bit in to go digital make a huge difference and will I need a HU with digital out to make it work?

now if in the future I want a rear fill will it be possible with the bit ten to ten D?

Is there a way to run an iPod or iPhone to the bit ten or ten D? Can I do it with or without the HU?

Here is what I have now...

audison av5.1k amp
    Audison voce av6.5 mids and 1.1 tweets
    JL audio 10tw3 subs
    pioneer avh6600-dvd

2. Back To Top    #2
    DIYMA Dropout
    Real Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    Jetta SW, Torino, F-150

Re: Bit ten/Ten D questions...

I'll answer your questions as soon as I get a few... I've got the info you're looking for-
    I make the things that go bump in the night...

3. Back To Top    #3

Also curious, with the car being a convertible every place local I go to says good luck getting good puns out of it especially bass with the roof down. Now on that note is a bit ten or ten D overkill or still worth the money?

4. Back To Top    #4
    DIYMA Dropout
    Real Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    Jetta SW, Torino, F-150

Quote Originally Posted by 61ragtop View Post
    I am seriously considering getting a bit Ten or Ten D. Now quick first question, Can I run the Ted D without the AV bit In for digital and just run it off RCA input output like the regular bit Ten? I ask cause I may be able to get it for a mere 40-50$$ more than a bit ten and DRC. (ten D comes with the DRC)

Will running it with the av bit in to go digital make a huge difference and will I need a HU with digital out to make it work?

now if in the future I want a rear fill will it be possible with the bit ten to ten D?

Is there a way to run an iPod or iPhone to the bit ten or ten D? Can I do it with or without the HU?

audison av5.1k amp
    JL audio 10tw3 subs
    pioneer avh6600-dvd
    Also curious, with the car being a convertible every place local I go to says good luck getting good puns out of it especially bass with the roof down. Now on that note is a bit ten or ten D overkill or still worth the money?
    I disagree whole heartedly with the blanket approach or statement that you won't get good tunes/bass. It'll be more challenging than a typical car, but it'll be leaps and bounds better than stock. So yes a BitTen is a great investment to enhance your system.

I'll message you my number so we can discuss the rest. It'll be easier.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

You might lose some cabin gain, especially with the top down but it doesn't mean you won't have bass. Hell as I type this I can hear the bass from a boat about 500 feet away from me

IMO the bit1/10 units are capable but a bit (no pun intended) outdated. It'll work fine but there are more capable DSPs on the market and are generally less money too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

6. Back To Top    #6
    DIYMA Dropout
    Real Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    Jetta SW, Torino, F-150

I am seriously considering getting a bit Ten or Ten D. Now quick first question, Can I run the Ted D without the AV bit In for digital and just run it off RCA input output like the regular bit Ten?
    You can run it without the AV BitIn, but you will not be capable of FullDA, this is also not a factor if you aren't using the optical input. In short, it works without the AV BitIn part without issue.

I ask cause I may be able to get it for a mere 40-50$$ more than a bit ten and DRC. (ten D comes with the DRC)
    I am not tracking with this, are you saying you can get the AV BitIn for an extra $40-$50? If so, that's a great deal, in fact its a better deal than my cost. The advantage here, regardless of if you use the optical is that you will use a CAT 5 cable vs RCA and you will not have signal interference issues.

It makes a pretty significant difference provided that you are using HiDef/HiRes files. FLAC, etc. If you put garbage in you will get garbage out. You will need some sort of optical input device, a HU with optical out is a great option, but I am using a PURE i20 in my car

Rear fill is a possibility, but we would need to know how you plan on running your fronts speakers. Based on the equipment list, it looks like you plan to go active. If this is the case, then you would need to run the rear fill off the HU due to channel limitations of the BitTen or run the fronts "passive" and the rears "passive". In short, if you want full control of the rear fill and plan to amplify them, the BitOne is what you need, should you stay with Audison for your processing needs.

There is a way, you just use RCA to 3.5mm jack. That's the easy way. but you can also do it with a PURE i20 or like device and run an optical into the AV BitTen. It will also work through your HU, provided your HU supports an iPod. Basically, there are many ways it can work.

audison av5.1k amp
    JL audio 10tw3 subs
    pioneer avh6600-dvd
    Great equipment! I hope you have at least 3 of thos 10tw3's... the 5.1K has some serious power on the sub channel.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavel View Post
    You can run it without the AV BitIn, but you will not be capable of FullDA, this is also not a factor if you aren't using the optical input. In short, it works without the AV BitIn part without issue.
    Perfect thanks!

[QUOTE=I am not tracking with this, are you saying you can get the AV BitIn for an extra $40-$50? If so, that's a great deal, in fact its a better deal than my cost. The advantage here, regardless of if you use the optical is that you will use a CAT 5 cable vs RCA and you will not have signal interference issues.[/QUOTE]

No I actually meant I have a chance to get the ten D over the ten for $50 more rather than order a ten in, plus it will give me the option to upgrade to the bit in later.

[QUOTE=It makes a pretty significant difference provided that you are using HiDef/HiRes files. FLAC, etc. If you put garbage in you will get garbage out. You will need some sort of optical input device, a HU with optical out is a great option, but I am using a PURE i20 in my car [/QUOTE]

My HU doesn't have optical out but i can't stand it and want to replace it with my iPhone 6 anyway.

[QUOTE=Rear fill is a possibility, but we would need to know how you plan on running your fronts speakers. Based on the equipment list, it looks like you plan to go active. If this is the case, then you would need to run the rear fill off the HU due to channel limitations of the BitTen or run the fronts "passive" and the rears "passive". In short, if you want full control of the rear fill and plan to amplify them, the BitOne is what you need, should you stay with Audison for your processing needs.[/QUOTE]

Those are two options I have considered since posting this. The other is running a second set of Voce 6.5's in the rear parallel with the front ones. Although since I got my system running on sunday my front stage sounds amazing!!! Still needs a tune but its so clear and LOUD compared to before so I may not need a rear fill.

[QUOTE=There is a way, you just use RCA to 3.5mm jack. That's the easy way. but you can also do it with a PURE i20 or like device and run an optical into the AV BitTen. It will also work through your HU, provided your HU supports an iPod. Basically, there are many ways it can work.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned before if I go the bit route (I am 99% sure I am) I would like to ditch the HU and go straight off my phone. I may try the Mosconi Amas-2 or something like it. I have read that the PURE i20 sent work well with the iPhone 6.

[QUOTE=Great equipment! I hope you have at least 3 of thos 10tw3's... the 5.1K has some serious power on the sub channel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have 2 of them running the 5.1 at 4ohms, It puts the power right at the sweet spot for these subs. Although with out a tune yet I am not too happy with the output yet.

thanks for all the info and guidance on this, you definitely convinced me to add a processor, I can't wait to hear the difference. I just wish Audison would support Mac!! lol Here are some pics of it all wired up as it sits now, I know we all like pics!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1962.JPG 
Views:	437 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	4193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1968.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	839.5 KB 
ID:	4194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	4195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	4196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1963.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	937.2 KB 
ID:	4197  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1964.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	872.1 KB 
ID:	4198  

8. Back To Top    #8

I couldn't figure out how to have all the quotes shaded sorry if its hard to read....