Thread: Change in bass

1. Back To Top    #1

Change in bass

Good day yarl, first and foremost shout out to peeps on the forum , ok so my question is , isit just me or does the way ur bass sound on certain days sound a lot louder than other days like some days u play the same song and it's like dayem my bass be banging, is there something that could be corsing the diff in bass volume, ? I'm kinda a noob to this, my setup is 2 12" 650rms subwoofers , a 2000rms class d monoblock amp, 4 gauge cabling from the alternator to two batteries , gettin about 13 or so volts to my setup constantly so lights and shit does not dim, I'm running a vented enclosure tuned to about 32hz , get nice and low , any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Change in bass

Hello and welcome. What subwoofers and amplifier are you using? How is everything wired up? What impedance load is on the amplifier?

Sounds like some symptoms of Violent Bass Air. But could possibly be something else.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Might be heat causing the music level to drop or seem less [ There are limits to how long something can run really hard ).

If a higher power level is sustained, the voice coil will heat up and gradually introduce power compression. Power compression also has a mechanical aspect. In vented boxes acoustic pressure in the vent can build to the extent that the output level relative to the cone output drops.
    Any help ,
    thebanktella ?

One of these @ 1,000 watts -
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORION-HCCA10...item1c4ff35e2e might be great !

Price:
    US $435.00

iffn you paid twice that you're rockin !

Last edited by Hic; 04-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #4

You need to narrow down the circumstances when it sounds different. This could just be in your head, who knows. A lot of things affect this though, like were you listening to loud things the night before? If you had very little noise exposure for a couple days then get in the car and crank it it's going to sound louder.
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Figure anything out ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #6

I remember this being a problem in an old setup I had. Turned out to be a loose rca. It was dropping one channel it periodically.