Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My "not fancy" just for fun build

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: My "not fancy" just for fun build

if you are the same wheelieking on diyma, i really enjoyed your install on that dodge regular cab, especially the welding. Lookin forward to your new install. Nothing wrong with simple installs.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by cadaver View Post
    if you are the same wheelieking on diyma, i really enjoyed your install on that dodge regular cab, especially the welding. Lookin forward to your new install. Nothing wrong with simple installs.
    That was quite a while ago! I'm surprised anybody remembers that, LOL. Yea, that was me.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Nice truck! I can't wait to see how the install goes.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

the morels will work like this, too...

5. Back To Top    #15

The last amp arrived today (second D100). So I huffed them all to the truck to see if they were even all going to fit (easily).
    And, it is kind of like a puzzle. They all fit, but only in one configuration:

The LP's are where they are because they don't both fit on the drivers side.
    The D100's are where they are because they are the only ones that fit in front of the middle seat-belt assembly.
    The D200's are oriented the way they are because it gets the gains (which are a pain to access on these amps to begin with) out front where they will be easiest to deal with.
    There is less than 1/2" in any given direction (except the front obviously).

So, yea, they fit! Barely.

It looks like the passenger side seat is resting on the LP's in the last pic. Its close, but, it doesn't touch anywhere.
    The amps will most likely get mounted to a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum (the amp-rack). It will get sandwiched between the seat-mounts and floor.
    I will probably raise the amp-rack 3/8" off the floor to make room for cables underneath.
    And I will probably raise the seat above the rack 3/8" to get it a little higher over the LP's.
    So, the seats will effectively go up a grand total of 1". I don't see that being an issue.

I could ditch the middle seat-belt, and put the LP's side-bye-side. I may do that. I may not?

The real question is: Do I really need this much power for this system?! I am struggling with that.

I could cut the amp count in half, and not notice a difference up to moderate levels.
    As it sits, its a solid 1800watts. I know that is nothing to an SPL guy.
    But, I listen to music, not bass. And, 1800watts is a lot for me.

I am also having second thoughts on the Diyma's. If I scale back to one sub amp, I will probably look for a nice 15"

I would kill for an original 1500 GTi. But, finding one I wouldn't be afraid of buying would be tough.

Then back on the power, this is a noisy truck. 325hp 600lb/ft of torque is not quiet.
    That 1800watts would sure come in handy on the freeway @ 70mph when "that" song comes on, if you know what I mean.
    I like listening to that turbo when the tunes are off. But, when they are on, I don't want to hear no stinking turbo!

What to do?! LOL
    Last edited by wheelieking71; 03-27-2015 at 11:42 PM.

6. Back To Top    #16

Keep the powah! It does fit after all....lol.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I learned years ago that it's better to have power and not need it. Stepping down to half the power would be like putting the anemic 3.9 v6 in that big truck of yours. I'm running about 2000rms in my Ram and wouldn't mind having more "just because" and half of that is on the 3-way frontstage.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Hmmm... I'm going to say keep the power, and as much as I like the DIYMA R12 subs, unless you can go ported, you might want to consider a subwoofer swap. I think output is going to be a bit... disappointing with those. Still one of my most favorite subwoofers of all time, but only in the right environment. AKA a heavily dampened and deadened automobile, or sitting still with the engine off.

A single 15" as replacement though? Now THIS I have to see
    Are you not entertained?!?!

9. Back To Top    #19

ClineSelect put a couple different 15"s between the front seats in a Dodge just like this one. I think he wedged a ID-max in there. And a W15GTi. His pics are sadly all gone though.
    If I remember right the GTi was one of his favorites.

I would love to try the Diyma's vented, just not up to figuring it all out.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The DIYMA plays notes very cleanly but it has no 'OOMPH' , not known for making a car flex or taking one's breath away.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]