Thread: Group Buy: SB Acoustics Satori 6" MW16P (4 or 8 ohm) - $140/each shipped!

1. Back To Top    #1

Group Buy: SB Acoustics Satori 6" MW16P (4 or 8 ohm) - $140/each shipped!

*Cross posted on DIYMA...

Info:

I'm working to set up a Group Buy on the SB Acoustics 6" Satori Driver in either 4 ohm or 8 ohm. Please read everything below as I've tried to spell this out as clearly as I can so there is no gray area.

Here are the driver details...
    MW16P-4 (4 ohm):
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...-woofer-4-ohm/

MW16P-8 (8 ohm):
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...ian-reed-cone/

I need to order a minimum 20 of the same drivers to get the GB pricing. If we can hit 30 drivers, I can get the price down a bit more.

Pricing:

MSRP is $156+shipping each. Typically about $325 shipped/pair.

20-29 Drivers: $140/each, CONUS.
    30+ Drivers: $130/each, shipped CONUS.

End Date:

The GB will end midnight CST, 03/30/15. If the minimum order hasn't been met, we can decide as a group if we want to push forward or just cut bait.

Payment Info:

You can pay in advance (once we have met the minimum order qty) or when the GB closes.

Payment will be expected no later than midnight CST, 03/28/15.

When you have the funds, email me at hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com with the following subject and I will send you a Paypal invoice:
    Subj: Satori 6" Group Buy (Your Name)

Payment will need to be sent as 'gift'. If you're uncomfortable with that, then add $7 to cover the PP fee.

Shipping:

Once I get everything in, I'll have to take some time to impedance sweep each of them and determine if I need to mix/match pairs or send them out as they came. Give me at least a few days for that. Once I match what needs to be matched I'll start shipping them out.

Sign-Up:

If you're wanting to get in on this put your Name and Quantity under the driver type (4 or 8 ohm) you want, below. Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates.

MW16P-4:
    Name - Quantity (# of Drivers)
    1. ecj - 8 drivers
    2. George (CVjoint) - 4 drivers
    3. Nick C. (Bmxnick101) - 8 drivers
    4. dbWinger - 2 drivers

MW16P-8:
    Name - Quantity (# of Drivers)

Questions?

If you have any specific questions, please post them up here. Keep in mind that I'm doing this in my spare time so delays may happen. I'll do my best to get these out quickly but I'm not going to set any particular hard ship dates just in case I run in to any issues.
    Last edited by erinh; 03-25-2015 at 08:41 AM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Group Buy: SB Acoustics Satori 6" MW16P (4 or 8 ohm) - $140/each shipped!

Solid maybe for the 4 ohm. I'll wait and see how this goes.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Rich

Erin,

Are these strictly a mid range type speaker or will they work well in a 2 way application in a door? Been thinking about something new to replace my Morel Hybrid Ovations and am wondering if these might be an upgrade.
    Last edited by Salami; 03-17-2015 at 08:06 PM.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The 4 ohm version has an fs of 28 hZ ~ In 0.7 cubic foot (20 liters) with a 1.5" vent by 6" long your F3 is about 45Hz.

Two way will work , 12 mm or a 1/2" of travel may require more than one pair of drivers to reach desired output levels.

[ Satori is a Buddhist term for enlightenment. The word literally means "understanding". Satori translates as a flash of awareness. Satori drivers are designed for subtlety and realism. ] nice copy

Side note - I bought two SB Acoustic's 10" subs from 'Vance Dickason' , He was testing , and I bid on them after he was done reviewing them for a reduced rate [ S-C-O-R-E ]
    Last edited by Hic; 03-18-2015 at 12:21 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #5

got some takers on the 4 ohm version. Need 3 more pair to get the GB price.
    Last edited by erinh; 03-18-2015 at 11:25 AM.

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had a few people drop out so I've adjusted the list.

I've also emailed Madisound to make sure we'll have enough drivers to cover everyone's request. Last I asked, they had plenty in stock but you never know...

Additionally, is there any heartache over me ending the GB and having everyone pay early (by Midnight on Saturday 03/28)? The reason why is because I was informed yesterday I will be traveling for work mid-April and if I wait until next week to order I'm afraid I may not be able to get everyone's drivers out to them before I leave town. Those extra two days will help that, though I can't guarantee everyone will get their drivers in before I leave town.

If that's a problem and you can wait, then we'll leave the GB end date as 03/31. If the majority rules to end by Sunday then I'm going to do that and order the drivers then. I think at this point, anyone who wanted in would have notified me already.

7. Back To Top    #7

one more day until the GB ends. if anyone is wanting to jump in, now's the time to act. I'll be ordering the drivers Monday so will need payment no later than sunday night.