Thread: Group Buy: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter, $200/pair shipped!

1. Back To Top    #1

Group Buy: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter, $200/pair shipped!

Info:

After recently testing the Scan-Speak D3004/6020-00 Illuminator Tweeter and getting a lot of interest, I spoke with the folks at Madisound about organizing a group buy for the tweeters. They gave me the green light to give this a shot, so here we go...

I'll be handling this myself; getting the tweeters in and doing impedance sweeps to match any that may be better suited to a different mate than the one it shipped with. Matched sets, if you will.

This is my first time trying to set something like this up, so I've laid out the details below.

Group Buy End Date/Order Date:

I'll be on vacation next week, and because of this I'll not be ordering anything until I get back. Therefore, I'm setting the earliest order date on this as Tuesday, March 17th.

If by then the minimum 10 pair order is met I'll start asking people to send payment on March 17th. If the minimum 10 pair hasn't been met, we'll wait it out.

Once I get everything in, I'll have to take some time to impedance sweep each of them and determine if I need to mix/match pairs or send them out as they came. Give me a couple days for that. Once I match what needs to be matched I'll start shipping them out via USPS Priority.
    If you're looking to have your tweeters next week, this group buy isn't for you. If you aren't in a hurry and want to save some money, it is.

Pricing:

MSRP on these tweeters is $111 each + shipping. Typically about $235 shipped/pair.

The group buy pricing is $200/pair shipped in the CONUS.
    That's a savings of $35/pair (about 15% off)!

Payment will need to be sent as 'gift' because I don't want to pay out of pocket shipping these ... it's already going to be time consuming.
    If you're uncomfortable with that, then add $7 to cover the PP fee.

Sign-Up:

If you're wanting to get in on this put your Name and Quantity below. Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for updates. Once I get back from vacation I'll see where we are and if we have the 10 pair spoken for I'll ask for payment then. If not, we'll wait until we get there.

As of 03/08/15:
    Name - Quantity (# of Pairs)
    1. Legend94 - 1 pair
    2. Steppinrazer - 1 pair
    3. Ballistic1350 - 1 pair
    4. Danno14 - 1 pair
    5. Babs - 1 pair
    6. J - 1 pair
    7. C.L. - 1 pair

That's it!
    If this goes well, maybe we can organize other future GB's.

- Erin

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Group Buy: Scan-Speak Illuminator D3004/602000 Tweeter, $200/pair shipped!

Product review of D3004/6020-00, 'These are quite simply the best tweeters I have ever heard or used.

On head unit I set 2'nd order HPF with 3.15 kHz cut-off frequency. Everyone is very impressed by improved clarity, more accurate staging and overall softer tone balance. Sound stage is very accurate, wider than the car and rock-solid stable no matter how you move your head.
    Sound overall is extremely deep and richly detailed but in the same time soft and pleasant to listen to.
    Very nice !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Rich

Erin can you verify the outer diameter of the mounting plate? Would like to try and shoe horn these into my factory sails but I think they are a touch to big.
    Last edited by Salami; 03-08-2015 at 05:09 PM.

4. Back To Top    #4

whatever the spec says is what it should be. mine are currently shoe-horned in to my dash.

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh my a group buy on some great tweeters...so tempting

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

I would have been in on this as well if I hadn't already purchased them

Thanks for setting this up for the boys Erin!

7. Back To Top    #7

Not that anyone here was in on this but I just wanted to post and let everyone know the GB is now over. I maxed out Madisound's stock and they don't expect any additional sets any time soon.

8. Back To Top    #8

Damn.....bought them bishes out....lol