Thread: Howdy

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Howdy

Hi sarge,

What, if anything, are you looking for to improve on {bass / super low bass /midrange / highest notes).
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22

Hey there Hic. Anything is an improvement as the truck doesn't have audio in it at all right now. My goal is to have clear sound through all the ranges with a thumpy, but not deafening bass. I'm not going any larger than a 10" subwoofer. I do prefer bass notes to highs and mids, but I do not want the other ranges drowned out per se.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #24

Hey guys. Been doing a lot of soul searching on my needs/wants. I have spent a lot of time with a speaker in my hand placing it where I think might look neat, or is the most space efficient and I came up with two ideas. One I like more than the other. This is specifically for my full range speakers. My sub/amp I will still need to measure out, but I was mostly concerned about the mids/tweets since space is so limited.

Option 1) I can build/fab a metal speaker box near the floor. Sound would need to be pointed up and out of direct traffic. I would make it out of metal due to rigidity in case it was accidentally kicked, and I would be able to weld it directly to the body of the car, and cover it with carpet so really only a speaker grate would show. I did some reading on metal speaker boxes and they weren't advised due to rattling, but I would be using a thicker gauge steel to keep it solid, and it would only be housing a 6.5" speaker, nothing too crazy.

Option 2) Build/fab a speaker box out of fiberglass and mount it up high near the back corners/roof. My concerns here is that the cab is so small, taller folks may hit their head on a protruding enclosure. It looks like it wouldn't be too bad for me, though (I am 5'8"). I do like this better because sound will be elevated, and clearer (to my understanding, anyway), I can shape the box easier with fiberglass and make it the most space efficient as possible. My question for this though would be mounting. I would think screwing it into the metal might be a bad idea just in case it ever loosens. I was thinking rivets would work better?